Sr. Software Developer (full stack ETL/Data-remote or hybrid)
- Data Recognition Corporation
- Maple Grove, MN
- Closing date
- Jun 6, 2023
Data Recognition Corporation
Sr Full Stack Developer (ETL/Data emphasis)
Remote or hybrid
Company cannot provide sponsorship
Please, no agencies
DRC has more than thirty years of proven experience in reporting and analytics, supporting Educational Technology (EdTech), Federal Research, and Commercial Services. We're committed to being an innovative and disruptive force in the reporting and analytics space as a company. We deliver modern, cloud-based advanced analytics solutions that create value and drive progress. As a company, we embrace a diversity of thought and encourage transparency, accountability, and collaboration to produce the best products and services for our customers.
DRC is continuing to grow and is seeking to add Full Stack Developers (ETL/Data emphasis) to our organization. As a Full Stack Developer, you will work with and across multiple development teams and departments, enterprise stakeholders, and customers and be responsible to help design, implement, and optimize strategic frameworks and solutions spanning ETL, data management and analytic reporting that fulfill mission-critical customer needs. You will closely collaborate with teammates to distill the Company’s and industry’s best practices and build, integrate, and deliver the Company’s next generational analytic data solutions and key product advancements for the future.
An ideal candidate would be full stack savvy with hands-on experiences in data modeling, data architecting and web delivery services. This candidate would also have a proven background utilizing middleware and back-end data engineering best practices that maximize the value of data for integrity, performance, and overall quality.
- Partners with DRC’s Data Architecture group and key stakeholders to design, develop, and optimize DRC’s data architecture, pipeline, and analytic reporting systems across a diverse internal and external client base
- Deploy and administer innovative, performant and scalable data delivery solutions while considering data integrity, security, extensibility, and cost
- Partner with diverse data production/consumption stakeholders and development teams to continually transition DRC into next generation data architectures
- Breakdown complex business and technical requirements into supportable and easy-to-use solutions
- Recommend data standards and best practices that maximize the promotion, value and user adoption of DRC's data products
- Ability to communicate requirements and details to non-technical users
- Comfortable with collaboration and working in a fast-paced environment
- Back-to-Front end development emphasizing database/ETL to middleware, with working knowledge of UI
- SQL, data engineering and coding for various database technologies (e.g., MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Snowflake, DynamoDB, etc.), ETL tools (eg. Talend, dbt, SSIS, Informatica, etc.) and methodologies (e.g., Relational, Star Schema, NoSQL/XML/JSON, etc.)
- Building, optimizing database queries and models
- Building processes that automate/support data transformations, validations and workload orchestrations
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Python, Java, C#/.NET, VB.NET, R
- Experience designing web services/microservices/REST interfaces
- Design/solutioning experiences integrating technologies across key subject areas, including UI Web Applications, Database Management, Web Services, Microservices, Serverless, and Hybrid Computing (On-Prem and Cloud)
- Shell scripting, e.g., Unix Bash, Microsoft PowerShell, etc.
- Ability to review and understand business requirements
- Ability to review and create detailed technical documentation
- 5+ years of related experience.
Preferred Experience (nice to have, not required):
- Familiarity with BI platforms, e.g., ThoughtSpot, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Data-driven programming
- Any experience working with cloud technologies, e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud (and/or desire to learn more about cloud tech)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban/Continuous Delivery
- Understanding of test-driven development and CI/CD deployment pipeline
- Experience with Open Source work management tools: JIRA, Jenkins, and GitHub
- Experience scripting for API integration testing, e.g., with Postman, JMeter, Selenium
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and presentational communication skills to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Proficient in creating business process and data flow diagrams using tools such as MS Visio and LucidCharts.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Atlassian, Google suite, and applicable data analytics tools.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse workgroups.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased workload.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously.
- Other duties as needed.
Reporting to this position: N/A
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Founded in 1978, Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) is a privately-held company headquartered here in the Twin Cities, with offices in Maple Grove, Woodbury, Brooklyn Park, and eight other locations nationwide. DRC’s three divisions – Education, Survey Services and Document Services – provide high quality programs and services to state departments of education, medium-to large sized global businesses, and the United States Government. DRC delivers full-service educational testing and assessment programs; large-scale survey research and data-collection programs; and comprehensive digital and mailing document solutions. DRC continues to achieve extraordinary growth and provides superior career opportunities for talented professionals.
Medical and Dental
*Term Life Insurance/AD&D
*Personal Time Off
*Short Term Disability
*Long Term Disability
*Educational Grants for Children of DRC Employees *Community Service Leave *Discount Programs
Locations: Maple Grove Headquarters/494 & Bass Lk Rd, Brooklyn Park/7303 Boone Ave N and the Brooklyn Park Distribution Ctr./8900 Wyoming Ave N. If interested in applying, please visit the Careers page on our website at www.datarecognitioncorp.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert