Abiitan Mill CityOverview
Abiitan, an Ecumen community located in the heart of the Mill City District of Downtown Minneapolis, is hiring a Concierge. Abiitan provides three levels of care, which helps us fulfill our goal of being an "Age in Place" community. Independent Living - 77 residences; Assisted Living - 28 residences; Memory Care - 20 residences Abiitan is the most innovative concept in the upper Midwest. Abiitan offers its residents the pinnacle of service and location. Abiitan is one block from the Mississippi River and Stone Arch Bridge, two blocks from the Guthrie Theater, and just steps away from all the cultures, arts, and events that downtown living has to offer.
Our employees are dedicated to empowering our residents to lead richer, fuller lives. We are looking for team members who can embrace creativity and deliver excellent customer service to make Abiitan the best place to work in Downtown Minneapolis.
- Part-Time; 48 hours/pay period
- Position works every Thursday, Friday & Saturday
*Abiitan offers free underground parking to all employees.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Concierge is responsible for creating a positive first impression to all visitors, residents and staff. They are the crucial first point of contact for all residents and visitors. Responsible for providing general support to residents with a variety of administrative activities and related tasks.Additional Information:
Essential job responsibilities include:Greets all persons entering the facility in a professional and courteous manner. Informs, guides, directs and otherwise assists residents, visitors, staff, guests, and vendors. Notifies supervisor of any unsafe or perceived safety issues.Answers the telephone politely and attentively, screens calls, routes calls, and takes messages for residents and employees in a courteous manner.Provide recommendations and guidance about the local area.Handle Abiitan's Community Rooms Reservation calendar.Sends and receives fax transmissions, emails, scanned, mail as directed.Ensures resident/tenant directory is accurate and up to date. Routes resident and office mail to appropriate parties.Provides support to business office and other management staff, as directed. Prepares special reports, documents, correspondence, and provides clerical assistance as directed from various departments and staff.QualificationsConciergeMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Double pay for holidays worked
- PTO Accrual
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with 6% Company Match
- Team member referral program
- Employee Assistant Program
- Pay Active
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Growth opportunities
- & so much more!
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior customer service experience
- Knowledge of the downtown area and Mill City neighborhood
- Prior experience working with seniors
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.