Minnesota Masonic Home is located in Bloomington, Minnesota. Our campus provides care across the continuum including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Transitional Care, Long-Term Care & Memory Care. Our campus is located on 80 beautiful acres and offers a warm and invited setting for seniors to call home. This welcoming environment extends to our employees who enjoy being a part of something special - a diverse team that really cares about each other and is committed to providing exceptional care and compassion to our residents and patients.
The Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator position will primarily serve our Long-Term Care residents, but may assist in other areas of the campus on an as-needed basis. This position works to implement and lead life enrichment activities. A typical schedule of this position is Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
Responsibilities of the Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator:
- Coordinates and implements group and individual activities such as exercise, crafts, birthday & holiday parties, history presentations, board games and much more!
- Creates and leads a fun and inviting environment for our residents that fosters creativity, enjoyment and companionship.
- Participates in resident outings to local Apple Orchards, Fishing Trips, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum and local restaurants.
- Collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary team to design and implement activity care plans that meet a resident's physical and psychosocial needs.
- Participate in resident care conferences with residents and their loved ones to communicate about a resident's care plan and participation in leisure activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in a human services related field is preferred OR certification through National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP), National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (CTRS) or a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) program.
- 1-3 years' experience working with older adults, preferably in conducting and leading activities OR 1-3 years' experience working in a customer service related industry.
- Ability to coordinate, develop and lead activities with residents.
- Ability to communicate with fellow co-workers, residents and families in an appropriate manner.
- Familiar with basic computer systems such as Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
Minnesota Masonic Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer