Ecumen Lilac ParkwayOverview
Senior Living Maintenance - Part Time - Very flexible schedule 48hrs bi-weekly - This position even offers some great benefits, PTO Accrual and an amazing team environment!
Lilac Parkway is hiring a Senior Living Maintenance Team Member. Lilac Parkway consists of 48 independent living rental apartment homes and is located in Robbinsdale, Minnesota.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
Senior Living Maintenance
The Senior Living Maintenance team member position is responsible for basic maintenance tasks in addition to janitorial duties. Job may also include lawn mowing and snow removal and minor vehicle maintenance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:Diagnoses, repairs, and services building mechanical needs including minor plumbing (faucets, etc.), electrical (replace lamps, etc.), and mechanical (furnace, air conditioning, etc.).Responsible for janitorial duties such as carpet extraction, specialty cleaning tasks, and hard floor care. These are skills greater than routine housekeeping tasks.Performs minor carpentry and drywall/painting tasks.Operates building equipment including air handling equipment (including filter/belt replacement) and emergency power generators (including minor engine maintenance).Responsible for reporting and recording equipment data in preventive maintenance software.Basic grounds maintenance including cutting grass and snow removal.Minor vehicle maintenance including oil change.Qualifications
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some previous janitorial/maintenance experience
- Licensure/Certification: May be required to obtain a boiler operator license as mandated by state/city
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Globally Harmonized System (GHS), Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Some post-secondary education in related field
- Previous experience working with seniors as well as 1-2 years janitorial/maintenance experience
- Licensure/Certification: May be required to hold a boiler operator's license as mandated by state/city.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.