Full Time 1.0 FTE M-F 8am-4:30pm - Occasional on-call for emergencies only. We offer excellent benefits, great pay and an amazing team environmetn! Be a part of our brand new community!
Forty-Forty Flats is hiring a Maintenance Technician. Forty-Forty Flats is a 118-unit low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) community opening in the Fall of 2023 and located in the City of Edina. Residents will be 55+ and be subject to various levels of income qualification to qualify. Full occupancy is expected to be achieved in the late Winter/early Spring of 2024. This project is a joint effort between Ecumen and Lupe Development with Ecumen being the lead partner.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for basic maintenance tasks in addition to janitorial duties. The Maintenance Technician may also be responsible for lawn mowing and snow removal.
Essential Job Responsibilities:Diagnoses, repairs, and services building mechanical needs including minor plumbing (faucets, etc.), electrical (replace lamps, etc.), and mechanical (furnace, air conditioning, etc.).Responsible for janitorial duties such as carpet extraction, specialty cleaning tasks, and hard floor care. This may also include routine housekeeping tasks.Performs minor carpentry and drywall/painting tasks.Operates building equipment including air handling equipment (including filter/belt replacement) and emergency power generators (including minor engine maintenance).Responsible for reporting and recording equipment data in preventive maintenance software.Provides basic grounds maintenance including cutting grass and snow removal.Qualifications
Maintenance Technician I LIHTC
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some previous janitorial/maintenance experience
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable).
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Globally Harmonized System (GHS), Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Some post-secondary education in related field
- Previous experience working with seniors as well as 1-2 years janitorial/maintenance experience
- Licensure/Certification: May be required to hold a boiler operator's license as mandated by state/city.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.