Vice President of Lawn and Garden Division
- Ardisam, Inc.
- Cumberland, Wisconsin
- ESOP, Health Insurance, Employer HSA Contribution, 401K, PTO, Employee Discounts
- May 17, 2023
- Jun 16, 2023
- Engineering, Executive, Manufacturing / Production, Marketing
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Ardisam is an employee-owned company based in the heart of the Midwest. Passion drives our business as we work to become the most well-known name in various outdoor industries including hunting, ice fishing, gardening, camping and more. Since 1960, our Cumberland, Wisconsin Headquarters houses our rapidly growing team of over 130 employees. Our commitment to innovation and quality has been exceeding customer expectations for decades with no sign of slowing down. Our brands include but are not limited to: Earthquake Power Equipment, Eskimo Ice Fishing, Ion Ice Fishing, Rivers Edge Treestands, Barronett Blinds, Yardbird Chicken Pluckers, and Fusion Drill Powered Tools.
This position is responsible for the growth and profitability of the Lawn and Garden business unit (Business Unit 1). This person is responsible for the success of this business unit, regardless of the internal or external obstacles that may present themselves. Specifically, the Vice President of Lawn and Garden must set and communicate an overall vision and market strategy for how each product line can succeed in both the near and long term. Ultimately, this position is responsible for product development, product management, and all aspects of marketing including pricing, advertising, and channel strategies for Business Unit 1 categories. This person will supervise all Business Unit 1 marketing and product development staff. The Vice President of Lawn and Garden is the owner of the P & L for Business Unit 1 and reports directly to the CEO.
- Create and implement both short-term and long-term vision and strategy for growth of Business Unit 1, which includes the Lawn and Garden (Earthquake®), Pellet Stove (Castle®), and Poultry Processing (Yardbird®) product lines.
- Manage bottom line profit and loss of Business Unit 1, including product development, product management, and marketing.
- Manage all personnel and resources in the following areas of the product lines: Marketing, Product Development, and Quality Assurance.
- Establish a vision to advance the continued improvement of brand equity of Business Unit 1 brands (Earthquake®, Yardbird®, Castle®).
- Create and lead the implementation of marketing strategies including identifying, recruiting and partnering with key influencers and developing advertising campaigns and other promotional strategies.
- Lead interdepartmental process improvement projects.
- Oversee the management of inventory and forecasting for Business Unit 1.
- Recruit, train, and/or develop Business Unit 1 personnel to facilitate long term success for the organization.
- Lead and inspire people to act and accept accountability and encourage a sense of purpose and enthusiasm.
- Travel both domestically and internationally to help set-up and develop new and existing supply chains.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering. MBA preferred.
Experience: A VP of Lawn and Garden must have a vast experience of over 10 years in a high-ranking marketing, advertising, product management, business development or new product development position, preferably in a durable consumer products environment. Entrepreneurial-focused management experience is a plus. A VP of Lawn and Garden will also have experience resolving daily internal and external problems and challenges that affect financial and market success of the business unit.
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The VP of Lawn and Garden makes numerous presentations to the business’s stakeholders reporting on various aspects of the product’s development, from marketing, research, analytics, management, and profitability. All of these interactions need to be clear, concise, and effective.
Leadership Skills: The VP of Lawn and Garden needs to demonstrate a rich blend of analytical, creative, and strategic problem-solving talents. Candidates must possess a high degree of professional as well as personal integrity, an ability to work effectively in a group setting and the ability to move that group in a unified direction. The VP of Lawn and Garden will need to demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams.
Analytical skills: Exceptional analytical skills will be necessary for driving a successful Lawn and Garden department and lead the business and product to the achievement of its financial goals. The VP of Lawn and Garden will need to be able define and analyze numerous product metrics and know when and how to apply each in order to influence the success of the product. A suitable candidate will have an ability to think strategically and will possess instincts for identifying opportunities.
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Contributions
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Yearly Profit-Sharing Bonus
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (Dependent)
- Employee Discount
Compensation: Based on experience. Eligibility for additional compensation benefits above base salary.
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.