Human Resources Specialist - Full Time
Ecumen Lakeshore is hiring a People Services Specialist. Be part of and support an amazing team advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare and innovative services. The Ecumen Lakeshore community includes 100 independent living and 40 assisted living apartment homes, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services as well as short-term rehab and post-hospital care private rooms to care for up to 60 patients along the picturesque shore of Lake Superior in Duluth, MinnesotaEcumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
The People Services Specialist is responsible for payroll submission, supporting the recruiting process, maintaining accurate team member records, and on-boarding of new team members as well as supporting all aspects of the people services job functions. Essential Job Responsibilities:Ensures accurate and timely collection of team member time records for payroll submission.Initiates and documents all team member changes in HRIS and maintains accurate team member records. Partners with the Talent team in job posting, recruitment, onboarding, hiring, and orientation process and off boarding for all team members.Administers worker's compensation and leave of absence processes to ensure fairness and consistency. Tracks team member leave of absence requests and coordinates with the external administrator. Ensures payments are made accurately and timely.Supports department leaders with team member-related issues or concerns. Assists with other people services' tasks such as benefits, compensation, and government mandated reports.Monitors staff turnover and retention and administers new recruitment and retention initiatives. Other duties as assigned.QualificationsPeople Services SpecialistMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years in Human Resources and/or healthcare related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Prior supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Experience with HRIS software, an applicant tracking system, E-Verify
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Experience working in Senior Healthcare
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.