Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Customer Service Learning & Development Specialist
Work Location: Work from home or Office for Your Day
This position is responsible to develop, document, maintain and deliver training for Customer Service (CS). Identify and research improvement opportunities and define the impact of proposed modifications. Identify development opportunities, document department workflows and ensure training materials are updated and align with business needs and regulations. Also responsible for driving outcomes that will enhance the customer experience; evolve the existing quality program, processes, training, and professional development materials. Assist with engaging both directly and indirectly in coaching and creating a culture that develops skills in our employees to support and continually improve customer experience. Ensure overall training program is aligned with business needs, compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Collaborate with the CS Quality Team to maintain and implement training curriculum materials, includes documenting and maintain end-to-end processes and workflows.
• Analyze customer support tools and quality measurement processes from the caller perspective to ensure the best possible customer experience. Where possible, simplify processes and methods and augment tools with innovative ideas.
• Assess training outcomes, identify and implement improvements; develop reporting for measurement of training needs and results through surveys, evaluation forms, or consultations with leadership staff.
• Assist with call quality audits to identify knowledge opportunities to enhance employee performance through additional training.
• Ensure quality measures are aligned to the customer experience outcomes UCare is trying to achieve.
• Review, maintain and update training facilitation and materials. Ensure materials are continuously updated and align with business needs and regulations.
• Plan, prioritize and identify training needs for new projects, initiatives and change, including preparation of communication tools.
• Collaborate with department leadership in on-boarding and integration process of new staff; ensure timely and accurate delivery of training programs for new and existing staff.
• Support Customers and Customer Service Representatives on and off phone and actively remain engaged with call trends and business initiatives.
• Develop and manage relationships with departments and committees, as needed.
• Determine and represent Customer Service business requirements to support internal and company change projects, and during audits or reviews with state, federal, or other outside delegates.
• Understand health plan claims general processing, provider contracts, state and federal rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
• Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Four-year college degree in teaching, business, or communications required; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Two years' experience with training and training program development. Experience with adult learning principles. Two years' experience in a health insurance or managed care environment.
Knowledge in Medicare, Medicaid, or both preferred. Supervisory or team lead experience preferred, with specific background in coaching/mentoring
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 7/7/2023