Ecumen Detroit LakesOverview
Culinary Manager - Full Time - 8:00am - 5:00pm, Some weekend Availability may be required
Ecumen Detroit Lakes is hiring a Culinary Manager. Ecumen Detroit Lakes consists of 101 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 92 nursing home beds and 22 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Culinary Manager is responsible for overseeing the preparation and service of meals, planning menus and managing staff. Essential job responsibilities include: Ensures quality meals are prepared, cooked, and served to residents, families, guests and employees.
Hires, supervises, trains and mentors dining staff as well as maintaining adequate staffing. Creates menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve using their knowledge of nutrition and special diets and input from residents. Menus are prepared in advance and reviewed by a Registered Dietitian.Monitors food and supply inventory levels and ordering.Assists all workers and positions in the dining department; identifies what needs to be done and assists as needed.Ensures the staff maintain a clean and sanitary work area. Complies with state and federal rules and regulations, follows established policies, procedures and practices of the facility. Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available.Provides input on the annual budget for the dining department and operates the work area within this budget.Other duties as assigned.QualificationsCulinary ManagerMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED
- Current Servsafe Certification or equivalent
- Certified Food Protection Manager or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Certified Dietary Manager in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health
- Food service management experience
- Previous experience in providing food service management in a senior living environment.
- Previous experience in inventory control, food cost analysis, menu planning, event planning.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.