Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
SALES & MEMBER OPERATIONS SPECIALIST - INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY PLANS (IFP)
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Sales & Member Operations Specialist - IFP, you will be responsible to provide administrative and project support for the Individual and Family Plans UCare Sales Team. You will assist with broker channel incoming calls and provide on call support for member walk-in inquiries related to coverage and premium concerns across all lines of business.
• Schedule and coordinate sales talks and seminars both on and offsite including; room reservations, refreshment orders, enter sales talk and seminar schedules for direct mail use, update sales database with responses, preparing check requests and submitting invoices related to sales talks and seminars and set-up and take down of on-site meetings. This also includes securing legal review and approval of all contracts for sales talks held off site and ensuring they are returned to the vendor.
• Maintain sales database by entering enrollments received and closed leads; updating records using information on meeting evaluations; entering new leads into the system from direct mail and other sources; and changing records flagged by Accounting as "bad debt."
• Maintain sales materials inventory including sales kits, provider/pharmacy directory, enrollment-by-phone forms, plus more. Coordinate printing of materials with Press Sure Print using the secure site to upload daily label files for Sales Kits and follow-up letters. Record the number of labels for each area and generate a monthly chart of sales kit counts to send to members of management and purchasing. Manage sales mailings and requests for materials. Coordinate the clinic brochure distributions, cut-off postcards, and refer-a-friend mailings.
• Assist the broker channel with incoming broker calls.
• Understand eligibility and coverage of enrollees through knowledge of contracts, policies and procedures. Verify member eligibility by using the State's system, MN-ITS, as needed.
• Provide On-Call support for member walk-ins. This includes, but not limited to, assisting members with concerns, questions, or issues related to coverage or premiums. Educate member on policies and procedures related to members' health care program. Utilize research, resolution and communication skills effectively to aim for a one-stop resolution for members.
• Serve on the Workplace Safety Response Team and act as first responder to escalated member issues. Determine risk factor and following safety guidelines
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Two-year degree in health related, liberal arts or communication field, including a course in medical terminology; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree. MN Life/Health Insurance licensure or the ability to obtain licensure is required.
Two years administrative/clerical experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Customer service experience. Health insurance (HMO), physician group practice, or community agency experience.
Previous sales or marketing experience. Knowledge of medical claims and/or medical billing processes. Knowledge of Amisys and MACESS type software packages.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 5/22/2023