Ecumen Hospice OwatonnaOverview
Music Therapist - Full Time 1.0 FTE M-F 8am-4:30pm We offer great pay, excellent benefits, paid Holiday and an incredibly supprtive team environment!
Ecumen Hospice Owatonna is hiring a Music Therapist to support both our Owatonna and Mankato areas. The Ecumen Hospice mission is to provide care that exceeds the expectations of those that find themselves in the later stages of life by providing a level of comfort and quality of life that makes each person feel honored and supported as their life continues to have significance. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesMusic Therapist The Music Therapist is responsible for providing music therapy under the direction of the Clinical Director according to the patient's unique plan of care. Essential job responsibilities include:Assesses patients for appropriate medical indication for service and performs assessment to determine effectiveness of therapy.Directs and assists patients through music therapy interventions to assist with alleviating symptoms of anxiety, depression, isolation, agitation, restlessness, sleeplessness, pain, tension, relaxation, and comfort.Provides ongoing education to the clinical team of appropriateness and/or contraindications for treatment.Maintains necessary records; clinical notes, charting, coordination notes, which will be incorporated into the patient's clinical record within 24 hours of session and modified as needed.QualificationsMusic TherapistMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Music Therapy from an accredited music therapy program
- Licensure/Certification: Current MT - BC certification from Certification Board for Music Therapists
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance if applicable
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 1-2 years of clinical music therapy experience in home health or hospice or senior care
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.