Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Accounting, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact-rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you'll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target's strategic execution. You'll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you'll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You'll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You'll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, brining innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world's most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
As a Sr. Manager FP&A, Marketing Finance
you will become an expert in Target's retail media P&L, indirectly guiding a team of peers through Target's recurring planning processes. You will:
- Lead the core FP&A routines of Forecast, Plan, and LRP for Roundel, Target's retail media network.
- Represent Roundel in enterprise level financial review venues, leveraging strong story telling skills to clearly communicate the drivers of business performance to the broader enterprise.
- Own Roundel's channel forecast, understanding trends and resulting impacts on media mix, margins and expense, and uncovering actionable insights to influence future media plans.
- Proactively identify enterprise trends, risks, opportunities and key financial priorities for the business leveraging internal and external forces and factors.
- Analyze and uncover changing trends, utilizing facts and data to enhance messages and insights.
You will help tell the Roundel story to senior leaders across Target, clearly and concisely focusing conversations on the most impactful items and taking insight from past results to influence future outcomes. A successful candidate will have excellent communication and presentation skills, be accountable and agile to ever-changing business dynamics, and be highly organized and process oriented to guide the broader team through recurring FP&A routines.About you:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- MBA preferred or 4-year college degree with relevant experience
- 6+ years finance experience
- Outstanding communication and relationship building, with team oriented focus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze data and effectively story tell
- Highly organized, with a lens towards streamlining core routines and reporting
- Ability to work with all levels of management with a high level of autonomy, motivation, and self-direction
- Influential business partner, with an ability to gain alignment across multiple stakeholders through strong interpersonal and communication skills
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.