As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Building brands is in our DNA. Owned brands are playing an increasingly important role and are a key pillar in Target's winning strategy. Over the past three years, Target has launched over 30 new owned brands. We are building brands that are grounded in deep consumer insight to have a meaningful relationship with our guests and uniquely set us apart in the marketplace.
This is a rare opportunity to be a part of a new team that is building a competitive advantage for Target. The team is working with a start-up mentality with the resources and strengths of a fortune 50 company. You will be part of a team that is pushing the boundaries on possibilities for Target, building world class brands and unlocking new ways of working across the organization. This role will give you an amazing opportunity to learn from the best in retail, intersect retail and brand management disciplines, and experience managing brands through every aspect of the lifecycle.
As Brand Manager, Food & Beverage
, you will play a critical role in driving the end-to-end process of developing, growing, and managing Target's Food & Beverage owned brands. Reporting to the Food & Beverage Director, you will:
- Be part of and contribute to a cross-functional team including merchandising, product design & development, packaging, marketing and creative (internal & agency partners), working together to develop and execute brand strategy and activation plans.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable consumer, competitive, marketplace and business context to support decision making at a brand and portfolio level.
- Develop clear and compelling briefs to advance priority deliverables within the F&B OB portfolio
- Be accountable for conducting analysis on brand performance, which includes ongoing tracking of brand, consumer, and financial performance to inform action.
- Be responsible for facilitating cross-functional routines, positioning the brand management team to effectively govern the brand roadmap, escalate risks and delays, drive accountability, and monitor key performance indicators.
- Act as a steward for owned brands, bringing consistency to the way we activate, building brand awareness, engagement, and brand love with our guests.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About You
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 4 - 6 years' professional experience in marketing, brand strategy or brand management; previous retail experience a plus
- Demonstrated success in strategic thinking, brief writing, and project/portfolio planning
- Proven ability to balance independent work with effective collaboration to advance initiatives, including successful guidance of cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with varying levels of detail across multiple data sources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong aptitude in applying independent judgement, negotiation, and collaborative problem-solving techniques to reach informed decisions
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous and rapidly changing retail / business environment
- Fosters an environment that champions diversity, equity & inclusion
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$67,600.00 USD - $121,700.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.