Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world's most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As Senior Marketing Manager, Store Experience Marketing (SEM), you will lead marketing strategy and guide concept development for the in-store experience for our Food & Beverage business. You will develop strategies that are grounded in guest and retail insights and articulate a clear, actionable assignment for creative and stakeholder partners. You will also create & maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside the company, and be the trusted expert advisor to senior leadership for your business. You will be responsible for coaching and developing a team of marketers, guiding specific projects, building and overseeing a marketing budget for your business and driving for process and cost efficiencies.
This is a leader of people role, with 3 direct reports, reporting to Director of Marketing, Store Experience Marketing. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Four-year degree in Marketing, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years relevant marketing experience, with both previous retail marketing experience, particularly in Food & Beverage, strongly preferred
- Passion for leadership and team development
- Proven experience translating business strategy to marketing strategy, synthesizing data and insights, and authoring successful creative briefs
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to tailor content and communication to a senior-level audience
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills, with ability to navigate complexity amidst ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate and lead cross-functional teams internal and external to Target, including global partners, while advocating for guest-focused solutions
- Proven experience effectively guiding external agency relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of composition and design detail
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.