Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design
team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you'll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As the Designer/Engineer, Circular Capabilities + Acumen, Responsible Design & Strategy
you'll be accountable for championing the advancement of environmental sustainability within Owned Brand products. You will be responsible for supporting the Responsible Design Strategy for OBPDM, fueled by the values of Target Owned Brands. Under the direction of the Director of Responsible Design & Strategy, you will collaborate with teams across the Target Enterprise and external partners (Agencies, NGOs, Industry Trade Groups, Business Partners) to drive Responsible Design practices, goals and strategies that inspire and guide brand and category teams. You will be accountable for and own Responsible Design and Development processes, which include:
- Implement Circular Capability Building Projects: advance circular capabilities within Owned Brand product, packaging & brand development through the implementation of pilot projects with external partners including Industry Trade Group, new Innovation Partners, and internal enterprise partners. Drive new forms of collaboration within the enterprise and industry to shift nascent capabilities into commercialized scale.
- Knowledge Build and Share: Supports and drives circular design strategy through industry benchmarking, research and external partnerships ensuring that circular design principles are embedded into cohesive owned brand strategy and influence. Collaborates extensively with internal partners to ensure acumen building of OBPDM team is aligned with Enterprise, deploying workshops and events to engage and inspire our team.
- Research and Development: Stays abreast of insights and industry innovation in Circular Design through research and expert sources to identify specific priorities and strategic needs, translating this knowledge into actionable goals for Owned Brand products and experiences. Synthesizes and integrates information to influence product teams in delivering meaningful responsible product offerings to all guests.
- 4-year college degree in Design, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Elevated knowledge or experience in Circular Design & Sustainability
- Elevated knowledge or experience in Product Research and Design
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Elevated ability to work in collaborative team environment and manage relationships with key business partners
- Outstanding oral, written and visual communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- High sense of urgency, initiative & proactive planning
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Comfortable taking risks, driving change and supporting creativity
- Experience navigating complex and ambiguous projects
- Change management leadership and skill,
- A growth oriented, learning mindset and the ability to inspire others to seek and embrace change
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.