Description: The pay range is :$67,600.00 - $121,700.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
One of the world's leading and most recognized brands requires an industry-leading Asset Protection team who ensures the safety and security of our team, guests, store and merchandise. We use preventive techniques to maintain a comfortable, safe and secure environment, whether within our stores, our headquarters and throughout our supply chain. Here you will promote a culture of mindfulness around safety and security, while preventing and responding to incidents that fall within our many areas of expertise.
As a Field Investigator
no two days are ever the same, but overall you will be responsible for ensuring the protection of Target team members, physical assets and corporate facilities as well as increasing profitability by resolving theft and fraud investigations and reducing shortage. You will support a shortage prevention and resolution culture to ensure product is in stock and available our guests by leading complex market/regional/national theft cases including Organized Retail Crime (ORC), fraud, brand and reputational issues. You will be expected to develop and investigate major organized external and internal cases, which may result in a significant loss to Target, and to use methods of prevention, detection, investigation, resolution and recovery. You will collaborate with law enforcement, retail peers, HQ, field and store Assets Protection teams to aggregate applicable investigation charges, and when necessary represent Target in legal proceedings.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About you:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of retail assets protection/loss prevention or criminal justice experience
- Meet any state or local licensure and/or other legal requirements related to the position
- Experience and knowledge with internal and external theft investigations tactics
- Experience investigating organized retail crime
- Experience interviewing theft subjects
- Experience in specialized investigative tactics (surveillance, CCTV/DVR equipment, etc)
- Experience in presenting investigative findings to Law Enforcement and or Prosecutors
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven execution skills and ability to drive change
- Operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Quickly adapt to changing priorities and tasks
- Work in high intensity situations with composure and ease
- Solution-based mindset with desire to uncover business gaps and solve problems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Build strong working relationships with key partners
- Willingness to travel (~25% of the time)
- Be "on-call" for emergency issues
- Must be located near the San Francisco/Bay Area
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.