Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
SALES & MEMBER OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Sales and Member Operations Specialist - Operations, you will be responsible to provide administrative and project support for the Group Medicare, Sales Operations, and Sales Strategic Relationships Managers. You will provide on-site support for member walk-in inquiries related to coverage benefits and premiums across all lines of business. This position offers a hybrid schedule with both in office and work at home opportunities.
• For Group Medicare Sales: Maintain materials inventory, schedule community and professional meetings and presentations, process Group Medicare applications and sales material requests, update prospect and member records in department database
• For Sales Operations Manager: Assist with running daily/monthly CRM letters, updating prospect records, performing ongoing data clean-up, and maintaining "Do Not Mail" file.
• For Sales Strategic Relationships Manager: Assist with booking meetings and vendor opportunities that reach key current and potential partners, assemble materials and supplies needed for outreach events.
• Research, resolve and communicate effectively with walk-in members regarding concerns or issues related to coverage or premiums. Educate member on policies and procedures related to members' health care program.
• Understand Medicare eligibility and coverage through knowledge of contracts, policies and procedures. Provide consultative sales approach to prospective walk-in members when necessary.
• Provide reporting to Sales Managers using sales database, research and other reporting for strategic support and planning for the Group Medicare, Operations, and Strategic Relationships leaders and staff.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Two-year degree in health related, liberal arts or communication field, including a course in medical terminology; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree. MN Life/Health Insurance licensure or the ability to obtain licensure within 90 days of hire is required.
Two years administrative/clerical experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Customer service experience. Health insurance (HMO), physician group practice, or community agency experience.
Previous sales or marketing experience. Knowledge of medical claims and/or medical billing processes. Knowledge of Amisys and MACESS type software packages. Health insurance license. Experience working with Medicare.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 5/30/2023