GRANTS MANAGER/ADMINISTRATOR – FULL-TIME (HYBRID)
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid’s Minnesota Disability Law Center (MMLA/MDLC) is seeking a full-time Grants Manager/Administrator to work in its Minneapolis, Duluth, or Mankato office. This position allows for a hybrid work environment and will start as soon as possible after an offer is extended.
As an equal opportunity employer, MMLA is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. Applicants are encouraged to share in their cover letter how they can further our goal of equal justice for all. We are committed to a discrimination- and harassment-free workplace.
BACKGROUND: Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is a 7-office, 170+ employee, nonprofit law firm, providing free legal representation and services to people with low incomes, people with disabilities, and elderly Minnesotans. MMLA receives funds from federal, state, and local government, foundations, United Ways, and private donors. MDLC is a statewide program of Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) which receives federal funding to serve as Minnesota’s Protection and Advocacy (P&A) system for persons with disabilities. MDLC represents Minnesotans with disabilities to enforce and to protect their basic civil rights. MDLC also engages in community outreach, education of policy makers, and public education efforts to advocate for people with disabilities throughout the state. We have our largest office in Minneapolis with other MDLC offices in Duluth, Fertile, and Mankato.
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Develop and submit grant reports for multiple state and federal grants, tracking deadlines
- Develop and submit grant applications and/or RFPs
- Monitor and ensure compliance with grant deliverables
- Respond to funder requests for information and/or revisions in a timely manner
- Possess and maintain signatory authority for grant applications, RFPs, and reporting
- Coordinate with finance unit to ensure accurate and timely fiscal reporting and applications
- Track grant budget and spending on a monthly basis
- Review and research new grant/funding sources (federal, state, private)
- Attend meetings with grand funders
- Track internal compliance with data reporting and related requirements in our computerized case management systems
- Work with case management system team to maintain and improve data systems
- Communicate as needed with staff regarding reporting and other administrative requirements
- Work with supervising attorneys to develop, review, and edit case narratives that demonstrate progress toward goals and grant deliverables
- Maintain up-to-date electronic grant files
- Update and maintain Grants Management Handbook/Guide
- Coordinate with Deputy Director on outreach communication with members of Congress in collaboration with disability rights network
- Participate in funder interviews, meetings, workshops, information, and/or training sessions
- Assist with coordinating MDLC’s advisory councils for people with developmental disabilities and mental illness
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent data analysis skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with federal and other grants or demonstrated aptitude to learn these functions.
- Applicants must have a four-year degree or 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required.
- Applicants will be required to go through the federal security clearance process after hiring.
- Ability to collaborate with team members.
- Experience working with low-income/vulnerable and disability communities.
- Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences.
SALARY: $55,000 to $66,237 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits. Benefits include family medical and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer match, FSA, employee assistance programs, and generous paid time off.
APPLICATIONS: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a candidate is hired.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Ann Cofell at email@example.com.
MMLA/MDLC is a grant-funded organization. As with any grant funded organization, we rely on that grant funding to maintain positions; however, we fully expect to continue receiving our grants for the foreseeable future.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.