Ecumen Lakeshore is hiring a Spiritual Counselor. The Ecumen Lakeshore community includes 100 independent living and 40 assisted living apartment homes, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services as well as short-term rehab and post-hospital care private rooms to care for up to 60 patients along the picturesque shore of Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
The Spiritual Counselor is responsible for developing, directing, and coordinating comprehensive programs of spiritual care. This position will assess, coordinate, develop, and direct the spiritual care program to assure we meet the spiritual and religious needs for our residents, patients, and team members. This position also supports the family and caregiver bereavement activities of the organization.Essential Job Responsibilities: Meets with hospice patients, residents, and their families to assess spiritual care needs and introduces spiritual care services as part of their applicable admissions process and timing.Conducts comprehensive spiritual assessments and facilitates the development of individualized care plans to meet identified spiritual needs.Provides compassion and sensitivity to the needs of others no matter race, religion or sexual orientation.Provides and/or coordinates pastoral care and spiritual/religious services in accordance with the beliefs of residents, including administration of the sacraments and funeral/memorial services as requested.Conducts and coordinates end-of-life rituals and funeral/memorial services, including dignity walks and bedside services.Develops and maintains relationships with community clergy; serves as liaison to the resident's community of faith.Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsSpiritual CounselorMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (M. Div. or equivalent theological degree).
- 3+ years pastoral care or chaplain ministry experience
- License or Ordination by a recognized religious organization and/or Ecclesiastical Endorsement of healthcare ministry.
- Minimum of two units of Clinical Pastoral Education or the ability to complete within two years of hire.
- Demonstrates theological understanding and respect of all faith expressions, beliefs, and values.
- Commitment to personal self-care and spiritual development
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations including being able to work irregular hours, attend meetings and special events.
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Ability to communicate both effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Able to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience working with seniors.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.