Ecumen Sand PrairieOverview
Ecumen Prairie Hill and Ecumen Sand Prairie are hiring a Cook Lead. Ecumen Sand Prairie consists of 42 assisted living rental apartment homes, and Ecumen Prairie Hill consists of 43 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Both are located in St. Peter, Minnesota. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
This position is responsible for proper food prep, cooking and service of food while recognizing special diets, resident's dietary needs and requests. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations. Supervises staff in the absence, or in support, of the Leadership Team.Schedule: Monday - Friday 6:30a-3p, Full-Time.Pay: range starts at $17.65 and can increase given your experience.Ecumen offers an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Low Cost Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement with a Generous 6% Matching Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holiday Time
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Robust Training and Mentoring
- And much more!
Essential job responsibilities include:Preps, prepares, cooks and serves meals to residents, families, guests and employees. Properly operates and maintains all equipment in the food preparation area.Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area. Products will be labeled, dated and rotated ensuring an adequate, fresh inventory of food and supplies.Accurately follows directions and converts recipes for various size groups. Follows production guidelines for best product usage, portion control and use of leftovers.Maintains adequate inventory of food and supplies.Assists in the supervision of dining staff in the absence or in support of the Leadership Team.Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events, and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available.Ensures residents with special diets receive appropriate food. Accommodates resident requests promptly. Integrates proper safety and sanitation techniques as part of the work.Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.QualificationsCook LeadMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial kitchen experience
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Current ServSafe certification or equivalent
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Previous senior care experience
- Culinary training, certification or degree
- Leadership experience
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.