Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - AZURE
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for Your Day
As the Software Engineer - Azure, you will be responsible to participate in the design, development and implementation of cloud-based applications and maintain software components. You will deliver high quality solutions on time and within budget as part of the Application Development service team. In addition, you will be responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of the integration architecture blueprint for the organization. Research, design, document and modify software specifications throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Analyze and remediate more complex software defects and provide recommendations for enhancements.
• Understand and implement modern design patterns to facilitate code re-use and develop scalable and/or fault tolerant systems.
• Create and maintain Azure-based applications using .NET frameworks .NET Core 3.1, C#, Angular 8+, HTML 5, CSS, Logic Apps, Function Apps, API Management, and/or Standard Query Language (SQL).
• Design, develop, configure and maintain Azure-based applications to meet business process and application requirements.
• Perform unit and integration testing on all developed code. Create and execute unit and integration tests within development lifecycle.
• Follow test-driven development and continuous integration practices.
• Transform high-level design into low-level design and implementation.
• Ability to understand a business process from a workflow diagram to conceptualize it as an automated solution.
• Support implementing enhancements and change requests as part of a structured change control process.
• Work collaboratively with operational and technical teams to deliver projects by assigned deadlines.
• Work with Tech Leads and Architecture staff to properly define/clarify business requirements, development, estimation and work plan finalization.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree, in Computer Science preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
At least five years' experience creating and developing Azure based applications/integrations using .NET frameworks .NET Core 3.1, C#, Angular 8+, HTML 5, CSS, Logic Apps, Function Apps, API Management, Standard Query Language (SQL). Experience with Version control, such as GIT, Azure DevOps, etc.
Solid understanding of SOAP and RESTful API's.
Experience with Agile / Scrum with tools Azure DevOps, Jira, etc.
Demonstrated knowledge of and applicability of Object-Oriented techniques and principles. Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
Cosmos, Service Bus, Event Hubs. Experience with databases (SQL or noSQL) and Data ETL.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 4/5/2023