Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Packaging
organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are a creative collective of industry leading design and style experts, who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines, essentials, beauty, or apparel categories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.Position Overview:
The Director of Design Strategy and Concept
role is a unique opportunity to completely reimagine the concept and trend process for the Home pyramid by using data and insights to inform the overall design strategy and concept vision. You will be accountable to lead strategic design vision, drive design leadership, build strong partnerships and inspire others to find greatest potential in our businesses and teams.
This will be accomplished through:
PARTNERSHIP & INFLUENCE
- Synthesizing complex information into a clear vision using multiple sources of input and framing opportunities in a way that is inspirational to teams and tangible to business
- Willingness to experiment with new approaches, build innovative frameworks and challenge ways of working to advance strategic goals & vision
- Identifying the intersection of macro trends, business needs and market shifts to provide direction for OB growth by creating compelling and unique strategies
- Evolving and growing existing brands/categories; incubating new ones by creating tools and content to drive both long-term design strategy and short-term seasonal concept direction
- Creating Brand Concepts, Product Principles and Seasonal Concepts that deliver on assortment architecture, aesthetic territory strategies to meet OB growth targets
- Drive financial and style results via creative concepts for brands and businesses that are differentiated from the marketplace and unique to Target
- Ensuring consistency across divisions within each brand, big idea or special project and manage the integrity of Target Brands through the appropriate point of view (and point of difference) by guest segment
- Developing and executing seasonal timing and action calendars, manage resources, meet all deadlines to drive continuous improvement
TEAM & VALUES
- Build strong relationships to collaborate with partners both in the Home pyramid and across the enterprise while influencing through your expertise in strategic vision
- Ability to coordinate collaboration with partners across product categories, brands, enterprise strategy and merchandising to maximize strategic impact of work
- Ability to drive conversations with leadership to advance strategic vision
- Champions best ways to work using own experience and knowledge bringing a unique perspective to motivate and influence team and partners
- A mentor to team members fostering inclusion, engaging in positive team culture and modeling collaboration
- Consistently engages, inspires, and builds trust with team and partners
- Consistent champion of Target values of inclusivity, connection and drive
- Seeks out and leverages feedback from team to learn from and bring greater perspective
- You'll have the opportunity to do all of this while leading, developing and managing your team; setting clear objectives, provide ongoing performance feedback and evaluating potential.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About you:
- Four-year degree in Design, Fine Arts or related degree, or equivalent experience with 10+ years work experience in product development for retail/wholesale
- Exceptional strategic and critical thinking skills
- Elevated aesthetic voice and creative direction abilities through graphic layout, content organization and clear visual concepting
- Strong leadership skills with key strength in problem solving & innovation, comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended opportunities
- Exceptional communicator with ability to advance vision via visual, written and verbal skillsets
- Experienced influencing at all levels to deliver clear strategy & vision
- Business acumen, market knowledge and ability to research and translate market/trend/data information into clear vision
- In-depth knowledge of design and product development processes
- Experience understanding the consumer
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$123,100.00 USD - $221,600.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.