Description: About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers. Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target's distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters.
A role with our New Stores & Remodels
team means working on our new stores in vibrant urban environments or in close proximity to university campuses, developing new market entries to bring the Target experience to new guests or supporting prioritized guest segments and communities around the country. You will help identify, influence, and implement efforts to better meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our Store Teams and our Guests.
As a New Stores Lead
on the New Stores Operations team
, you will be responsible for accelerating operational excellence in support Target's aggressive growth strategy to open our doors to new guests and communities across the country. You will do so by identifying underlining opportunities, managing large scope projects, mobilizing teams throughout the company, and ultimately improving our operations and processes to ensure we open new stores successfully. Projects could include developing scale capabilities needed for the long-term financial and operational health of our new stores or designing process improvements to remove our biggest roadblocks. Your ability to leverage experts from across the enterprise, synthesize, and advocate for best-for-Guest solutions will fuel your success in this space. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritize projects and define the scope, people, process, tools, technology, and operating models needed to make progress against goals
- Own project management and execution of critical change management
- Lead, influence, and drive accountability across diverse cross-functional teams spanning Construction, Store Design, Store Operations, Procurement, Marketing, Merchandising, Finance, SP&T, and GSCL
- Develop and monitor tools and reporting to enable teams to move faster without missing critical considerations
- Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Bachelor's degree, BA/BS
- 7+ years of retail or related business experience
- Demonstrated history of managing a diverse cross-functional team
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict
- Experience analyzing processes for bias and implementing equitable practices
- Strong problem solving, project management, and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration skills and an ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results quickly and consistently
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.