Ecumen Hospice Twin CitiesOverview
Hospice Massage Therapist - Full Time 1.0 FTE M-F 8am-4:30pm No Weekends & No Holidays. We offer excellent benefits, great pay and an incredibly supportive environment!
Ecumen Hospice is hiring a Hospice Massage Therapist. Ecumen Hospice honors life through care and serves individuals in the Twin Cities - Metro Area. he Ecumen Hospice mission is to provide care that exceeds the expectations of those that find themselves in the later stages of life by providing a level of comfort and quality of life that makes each person feel honored and supported as their life continues to have significance. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesHospice Massage Therapist The Hospice Massage Therapist is responsible for providing massage therapy services under the direction of the Clinical Director according to the hospice patient's unique plan of care. Essential job responsibilities include:
QualificationsMassage Therapist Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Assesses patients for appropriate medical indication for service and performs assessment to determine effectiveness of therapy.
- Directs and assists patients through massage therapy interventions to assist with alleviating symptoms of anxiety, depression, isolation, agitation, restlessness, sleeplessness, pain, muscle tension, circulation, stiffness, contractures, limited mobility, relaxation, and comfort.
- Utilizes interventions such as comfort touch, energy work, and compressions.
- Maintains necessary records; clinical notes, charting, coordination notes, which will be incorporated into the patient's clinical record within 24 hours of session and modified as needed.
- Provides ongoing education to the clinical team of appropriateness and/or contraindications for treatment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least one year of clinical massage therapy experience.
- Licensure/Certification: Current license, state certification, or registered as a Massage Therapist in good standing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including, but not limited to, Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Previous experience in home health, hospice or senior care environment.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.