Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 13 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
CLINICAL SERVICES TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for Your Day
As the Clinical Services (CLS) Training and Development Specialist, you will be responsible to lead onboarding training efforts for Clinical Services staff. Deliver standard departmental training with the intent of preparing and orientating new staff consistent across the department. You will be responsible for delivering process changes to department onboarding, responsible for development and maintenance of related training content to enhance employee engagement within Clinical Services. In partnership with UCare's Corporate Learning & Development department. Additionally, this position will support employee growth and development. Collaborate with Operations, Intake, Utilization Management, and Case Management to support onboarding and initial training of new staff.
• Support department onboarding goals and objectives. Address training logistics, coordination and organizing training sessions, and driving the deployment of onboarding related training.
• Assist in the development of onboarding outcomes, identify, and implement improvements; develop reporting for measurement of onboarding needs and results through surveys, evaluation forms, interviews with staff, or consultations with leadership staff.
• Collaborate with CLS leadership and Corporate Learning & Development to maintain, update, and implement onboarding curriculum materials.
• Develop templates, materials and documentation standards relating to department training.
• Utilize audit findings to identify knowledge gaps of staff with internal processes and provide trainings and resources as necessary to close those gaps.
• Support staff continuing education through organization of speakers, panels and other opportunities for CLS staff to expand their knowledge and skillsets in order to better serve our members, providers and community.
• Application administrator and owner for all CLS continuing education vendors, facilitate and execute contract updates and ensure staff access/utilization metrics are achieved.
• Promote employee engagement initiatives, develop, and coordinate opportunities for staff to increase overall team engagement in a remote workspace.
• Collaborate, as needed, with the Corporate Learning and Development Team to ensure best practices and organizational standards are implemented.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Four-year college degree in education, training, communication, or human resources; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Certification and/or active involvement in professional talent or training association highly desired.
At least two years of experience in training and training program development. Two plus years' experience in a managed care organization. Experience with adult learning principals. Strong health plan, managed care, health services, care management or other related experience. Experience in facilitating trainings or presentations in a remote environment. Proficient in MS office.
Experience with e-learning applications and blended learning approaches. Supervisory or team lead experience or background in coaching and providing work direction. Experience developing onboarding programs that promote employee success and engagement. Knowledge of project management methodologies. Two years of experience coordinating projects in a healthcare setting preferred.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 06/01/2023