Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
SALES ASSISTANT - BROKER SERVICES
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Sales Assistant - Broker Services, you will provide assistance to the UCare Broker Services Team, UCare's network of independent brokers, and agents who serve as intermediaries for their UCare clients. Respond via email, phone or at times in person to broker inquiries, troubleshooting portal issues or to onboard new brokers. Maintain CRM database.
• Schedule and coordinate broker sales outreach and seminars both on and offsite including: room reservations, refreshment orders, enter sales talk and seminar schedules for direct mail use, update sales database with responses, preparing check requests and submitting invoices related to sales talks and seminars and set-up and take down of on-site meetings. This also includes securing legal review and approval of all contracts for broker sales talks held off site and ensuring they are returned to the vendor.
• Maintain broker sales database by entering enrollments received and closed leads; updating records using information on meeting evaluations; entering new leads into the system from direct mail and other sources.
• Research, resolve and communicate effectively with walk-in members regarding concerns or issues related to coverage or premiums. Educate member on policies and procedures related to members' health care program.
• Respond via phone, email, or in-person to broker questions on UCare products or specific issues related to service for our members.
• Maintain broker CRM database including electronic filing of annual certification documents.
• Onboard new brokers by facilitating State appointments and creating records in CRM, Okta, and broker materials ordering systems.
• Collaborate with Membership Billing and Enrollment to research, correct and communicate broker commission payment issues.
• Collaborate with Sales Operations Manager to recommend necessary edits and enhancements to broker CRM database.
• Collaborate with Sales Manager - Broker and IFP to coordinate and facilitate broker events, including training, recognition, and community events.
• Collaborate with Marketing Communications to recommend broker communication topics and assist with preparation of communication and training materials.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Two year college degree preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience working with Dynamics 365 including administrative responsibilities. Administrative/clerical experience. Proficient PC skills; PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
Sales or marketing experience. Knowledge of broker distribution channel. Familiarity with health plan operations.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 06/5/2023