Description: The pay range is :$83,800.00 - $150,800.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target UX is a group of design, research, and accessibility practitioners and experts, with a passion for improving and innovating our digital experiences for Target's guests, team members, and partners. Here, we pride ourselves on designing tangible, inspiring, and impactful solutions that serve all aspects of our business- and being a part of the team means you will play a critical role for Target's digital experience by increasing ease, simplicity, value, and delight for every touchpoint. About the job:
As a Senior Product Designer for the External Findability team you'll be at the forefront of Target's emerging digital experience, delivering for our guests, and fueling growth for the business. You will contribute to the user experience strategy and design for Target's digital touchpoints including web, mobile web, native apps, and integrate with off-platform social strategies. You'll use tried and true design methodologies such as human centered design thinking to understand guest needs, balance business ideas, deliver best-in-class design from concept to execution, while championing cross-functional experimentation.
In this role, you will lead the design for External Findability. You will focus on creating meaningful and relevant landing destinations for guests arriving to Target.com from external traffic sources while they search for deals, products and services. As a designer on the Target UX team focused on our guest solutions, you have knowledge of social media, search behavior, and ecommerce.
You think holistically, across the customer journey and product teams. You have curiosity for your partners and your users and enjoy building your business acumen and influence to build partnerships with product, engineering, and the business along the way. You will instill collaboration and drive user-centric outcomes for your product, and vocally champion what is best for the guest while also thinking about new, innovative ways to drive growth for the business.
You have experience in interaction design, content strategy, and overall UX skills while also maintaining a high bar for UI and visual design. You approach problems systematically, leveraging repeatable frameworks. You are comfortable working closely with research, design systems, content design, and accessibility teams. You leverage guest insights, data, and research and have an ability to take in multiple points of view while making a clear case for what you believe to be most impactful. You are able to connect your work to the larger strategy, create dynamic prototypes to inspire change, gain buy-in from stakeholders, and drive step-level change across partners and leaders.
As a member of the team, you will contribute to advancing the broader practice of UX at Target through influence, impact, and craft, while also educating cross-functional teams when needed. We are an engaged, supportive, and increasingly diverse team focused on elevating the impact of our discipline.The Senior Product Designer will
- Participate in the full design process, from early discovery and strategic approach to ideation, design, testing asset delivery and production with engineers
- Strengthen cross-functional working teams leveraging design thinking toward impactful business outcomes
- Leverage insights, data and research to identify and pursue user-centric outcomes within your product space
- Create design deliverables representative of the design process phase - such as journey maps, wireframes, user flows, UI design and prototypes
- Investigate using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Hold design work to a high standard of craft, including accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design
- Advance a culture of human-centered practice within UX, product, and engineering teams
- Build a network of relationships to enable your vision in service of our guest experience and Target as a whole
- Proficiency in UX and product design and prototyping tools (i.e., in Figma)
- Navigate complexity and ambiguity delivering impact for guests and the business
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. About you:
- You're an experienced product designer with 5+ years of relevant product design work
- Intermediate skills in UX and product design, as well as structuring and planning work, and owning the design process
- Demonstrated strategic problem-solving, systems thinking, and collaboration skills
- You lean into complex problems, challenge the status quo, and seek to understand the 'why' behind human behavior and their mindsets
- Proven ability to effectively use data and insights to set your direction and communicate your approach
- You value outcomes and strive toward design that is welcoming, inspiring, and clear
- You understand how design connects to, serves, and improves the business
- Exhibit a growth mindset
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.