Abiitan Mill CityOverview
Abiitan, an Ecumen community located in the heart of the Mill City District of Downtown Minneapolis, is hiring a Resident Assistant. Abiitan provides three levels of care, which helps us fulfill our goal of being an "Age in Place" community. Independent Living - 77 residences; Assisted Living - 28 residences; Memory Care - 20 residences
- Full-Time -
- NOCs - 11:00 pm to 7:15 am
- Pay - Starts at $18.80/hour & increases depending on experience
- Position works various weekdays, every other weekend & rotating holidays
- No experience required!
Abiitan is the most innovative concept in the upper Midwest. Abiitan offers its residents the pinnacle of service and location. Abiitan is one block from the Mississippi River and Stone Arch Bridge, two blocks from the Guthrie Theater, and just steps away from all the cultures, arts, and events that downtown living has to offer.
Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives. We are looking for team members who can embrace creativity and deliver excellent customer service to make Abiitan the best place to work in Downtown Minneapolis.
*Abiitan offers free underground parking to all employees.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Resident Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and delegated health-related services designed to maintain the resident's physical and emotional well-being. The Resident Assistant follows the service schedule for each resident and correctly documents services provided.Additional Information:
Essential job responsibilities include:Assists with medication, treatments and activities of daily living as delegated by the Clinical Director/Manager per individualized care plan.Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive and emotional condition of any of the residents.Promotes independence with residents, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the Clinical Director or Registered Nurse.Orients and coaches assigned employees.Completes scheduled cleaning tasks.Leads and assists resident activities as assigned.Responds appropriately to all safety hazards, call lights, requests and reassignment of duties.QualificationsResident Assistant Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Benefit Eligible - Dental/Vision
- Medical (60+ hours/pay period)
- 401k Retirement Plan with 6% Company Match
- PTO + Caregiver & Crisis Leave
- Double pay for holidays worked
- Team member referral program
- Employee Assistant Program
- Pay Active
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Growth opportunities
- & so much more!
- 17 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma, GED or Higher
- Previous experience with working with seniors
- Licensure/Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant CNA and/or Home Health Aide
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.