Description: The pay range is :$87,900.00 - $158,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
This position is based in Minneapolis, MN About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
The retail landscape is changing - fast - and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of "Expect More. Pay Less." it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and A New Day, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop - in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.Position Summary:
As a Sr. Regulatory Manager, you will support the Product Safety & Quality Assurance Program to ensure Target is aware of upcoming rules, bans, standards and regulations. This position will work with our GA team to proactively share Target view about a given policy issue, create strategy for implementation of RBSR and work with Quality Assurance teams towards implementation. Responsibilities:
- Proactive monitoring of rules, bans, standards and regulations to ensure Target Compliance
- Read and synthesize existing and proposed Legislation and Regulations.
- Analyze risk and impact of laws and regulations to Target Product, Policies, and Procedures
- Write and present position statements to internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with Legal team to ensure complete and accurate understanding of upcoming rules, regulations, standards and bans.
- Work with QA/ Labs etc. to ensure Target product meets all regulatory requirements.
- Provide appropriate technical direction and guidance to Target team members, as well as external partner's regarding upcoming regulations.
- Lead the Regulatory Roundtable to help keep Target ahead of pending regulation and ensure a consistent approach to compliance.
- Create and lead implementation strategies for upcoming rules, bans, standards and regulations.
- Develop and maintain cross functional relationships, to ensure Target readiness for compliance to rules, bans, standards and regulations.
- Write and coordinate training for applicable internal and external partners, as needed.
- Develop and document internal and external processes and drive continuous improvement.
- Understand and interpret Target processes for the team.
- Provide education for internal and external partners on proactive development to support regulation, legislation and product safety requirements.
- Work collaboratively with external Industry Associations.
- Attend conference, network, and benchmark appropriately within industry.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 8+ years of relevant experience managing risk, Compliance and/or other related programs
- Bachelor degree in Engineering and/or Technical disciplines, Textiles/Textile Engineering; or Legal training, Attorney/Paralegal; or Compliance; or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Regulatory processes
- Ability to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively, internally and externally, across all levels of an organization.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage data to influence decisions, identify risks and improvement opportunities.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to changing, ambiguous or competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to construct professional level documentation and reporting that meets the expectations of legal, audit, regulatory compliance and other stakeholders
- Highly organized, with strong detail orientation
- Digital mindset (understanding of technology's role in business processes and experience in using data and analytical tools, including Excel, to solve business problems a plus)
- Collaborative focus and ability to work successfully across functional areas.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.