Description: The pay range is $83,800.00 - $150,800.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people- to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve.
The mission of the Stores and Supply Chain engineering team is to delight our guests by having our products available at the right place, right quantity and at the right time with the most reliable, fast and secure systems. We make this happen using world class supply chain networks that comprises of 50+ warehouses and a massive fleet of transportation services that moves about $19B of inventory to our 1900 stores and fulfillment centers.
The Inbound & Outbound Operations, "Pick" team works on a capability that supports picking items from warehouse storage locations based to fulfill store demand. We have 40 several types of warehouses where we need to pick items and there are 4 unique solutions that support 'Pick capability today both manual and automation. The goal is to deliver a unified Pick platform that serves any target node to pick inventory and improve the picking efficiency.
In 2023, we are going to build software to create Pick Task Workflow in an optimal way within the distribution center while also leading to better-sorted products that are more efficient for the stores to handle. A fantastic opportunity for the team to learn Supply Chain business and be part of architecting, designing, and delivering solutions together. The team develops high-volume, event-based systems leveraging microservices.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Our high-performing team balances independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile, and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out.
TEAM AND CULTURE
Target values engineers that care about:
- A diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture
- Robust and distributed microservices and event-based architectures with mature CI/CD pipelines
- Code as craft with a desire to solve complex engineering problems
- Automating everything
- Operational excellence with an approach to engineering that makes our guests and team members their top priority
- Triaging large scale issues with a bias to prevent them from happening in the first place
- Canary and A/B testing to push code multiple times a day during business hours
- Learning and experimenting with technologies
- High observability with robust logs and metrics
- Leveraging edge computing and elastic infrastructure
- Agile teams and team ceremonies
Our engineering teams are empowered to select the appropriate technology for the problem they are trying to solve. Common technologies include:
- CICD: Code Pipelines like Docker, Vela, Target Private Cloud
- Languages and Frameworks like Java, Kotlin, Groovy, Micronaut, REST, Gradle
- Databases like Postgres, Oracle, Influx, ELK Stack (Elasticsearch)
- Distributed event streaming platform like Kafka
- Metrics visualizations like Grafana
- Log aggregation with Logstash and Kibana
- Cloud platforms like Target Private Cloud
- Elastic compute platforms like Kubernetes
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
- Working knowledge on package-specific configuration and deployment along with ability to build custom solutions
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.