Description: The pay range is $109,000.00 - $196,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Target's merchandising experiences are key to the company's success in helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. The merchandising experience team is dedicated to creating and maintaining the internal systems that empower merchants to fill the shelves and racks of every Target store with an assortment of products that guests love.About The Job:
We are seeking a Lead Product Designer (UX) to guide the development of new internal tools for merchandising & business planning experiences. In this role you'll continuously engage with product, business teams, engineers, and users to create experiences that drive the collaboration essential to Target's success. Many legacy tools exist in this domain. Your job will be to transform those legacy tools into valuable, usable, scalable systems that support evolving business processes.
We need someone whose approach to UX begins with systems thinking and generative discovery and continues through to detailed design--someone who can own the entire process from concept to completion.
As a part of the Merchandising product team, you'll have access to internal users, close product partners, and dedicated engineering resources. You'll make an impact as a member of a passionate, supportive, and increasingly diverse group focused on elevating the enterprise tools that support Target's rapidly growing digital business. You'll be in the driver's seat of your career growth at Target with strong support for work-life balance. We will support you along the way with robust onboarding and personal and career development to help you grow.The Lead Product Designer will:
- Partner with product and engineering to set a vision for the next generation of merchandising tools
- Proactively identify and pursue design opportunities within your product domain
- Create wireframes and other documents that align teams around a shared vision
- Set standards of craft, including accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design.
- Advance a culture of human-centered practice within UX, product, and engineering teams
- Investigate and validate using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Build a network of relationships to enable your work
The core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About You:
- 6+ years of product design experience preferred, but level of proficiency is more important to us
- You thrive at the intersection of design strategy and craft.
- You're a curious person who falls in love with complex problems and enjoys iterating toward a solution.
- You're passionate about making an impact and effectively use data and insights to set your direction.
- You practice design thinking and present work clearly and effectively to educate others and gain support.
- You value outcomes and strive toward design that is welcoming, inspiring, and clear.
- You embrace collaboration as a tool to build consensus around design decisions.
- You balance the need for strategic work with day-to-day design work.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet.
The application process will include a series of interviews as well as a portfolio review of specific work samples and case studies that show design process and different stages of work. Please include your portfolio with your application.
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.