Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
CLOUD APPLICATION ARCHITECT LEAD
Work Location: Work from home or Office for Your Day
As the Cloud Application Architect Lead, you will be responsible for helping to drive UCare's Cloud Application transition, including the design, planning, documenting, coordination, and guiding of activities related to UCare's cloud development standards, cloud application patterns, cloud solution designs, cloud technology adoption, and cloud architecture. You will ensure solution architectures and designs factor in cost, scale, complexity and maintainability and meet high levels of security standards. In addition, you will collaborate with business partners, leadership, technical teams, and end-users to successfully develop, implement and integrate UCare systems and platforms to ensure UCare's growth and strategic objectives are met. You will provide work direction, guidance, pattern creation and mentorship to developers and junior architects on Cloud Architecture practices.
• Advance UCare's Cloud Application development capabilities by providing internal consultation and direction in designing, architecting and implementation of new Cloud-native applications and the rearchitecting of existing solutions for a Cloud environment for the enterprise.
• Provide thought-leadership on new Cloud technologies and their fit for UCare's strategic needs to IT leadership and less experienced architects.
• Develop, implement and maintain cloud and mobile application architecture blueprints for the organization.
• Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new cloud applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
• Ensure that the selection of cloud-based solutions meet business and security requirements, goals, and fulfill end-user requirements in a cost-efficient and secure manner.
• Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate cloud application projects and initiatives.
• Own and document architecture decisions and remove technical obstacles to achieve timely delivery of portfolio projects.
• Partner closely with Enterprise, Solution and Infrastructure Architects to ensure architecture best practices are followed in the design and deployment of cloud applications.
• Research and make recommendations on cloud-based services (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) to the organization to drive strategic objectives.
• Serve as a liaison between Software Developers and Software Engineers to address issues in cloud development and the interoperability of new applications within existing systems and/or software.
• Build relationships with Software Development and Engineering teams to advance understanding of cloud architectures and required functionality.
• Provide work direction, guidance and mentorship to others regarding Cloud Architecture designs, pattern selection and best practices. Serve as the subject matter expert for Cloud Architecture.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, Engineering or other closely related technical degree. Demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
At least fifteen years of IT Architecture experience; including a minimum of seven years of experience implementing cloud application and integration technology in MS Azure and a minimum of five years of Software Engineer Lead. Experience working with cloud architecture patterns, principles and governance practices.
Experience with virtualization and containerization, CI/CD, networking, cloud security, API management and design, DevOps, .Net, and Angular framework.
Experience working in healthcare.
Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Solution Architect Expert.
Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 8/15/2023