Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
SYSTEM ANALYST - D365/CRM
Work Location: Work from Home
As a System Analyst, you will be responsible to serve as the application technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Dynamics 365 CRM. Your primary responsibility will include troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving incidents/problems and outages in production systems. You will also be responsible for the overall health of D365 CRM and will participate in application releases, software updates and software administrator tasks. You will monitor, prioritize, and resolve incidents and requests and partner closely with business partners, vendors, and tier 3 support/development teams. In addition, you will provide information on enhancements/fixes to help drive future capabilities.
• Serve as a SME for assigned D365 CRM resolve incidents/requests, advocate for application health and maintenance needs, and understand future state capabilities.
• Manage incident and request queues. Maintain work within defined Service Level Agreements (SLA) by providing timely updates and resolutions. Document all resolution steps appropriately in ticketing system.
• Take ownership of technical issues, including communications and troubleshooting, working with additional tier 2, tier 3, and/or vendor teams to resolve issue.
• Perform weekend and evening support as needed and/or in an on-call support rotation. Participate in Monthly Security patching activities on a rotational basis. This includes shutting down of applications and application startup and validations.
• Create and maintain all applicable documentation as it relates to Application Support.
• Actively participate in Project to Run the Business transitions, taking ownership of resulting documentation and processes.
• Proactively work with support team and assigned resource backups to maintain shared knowledge and support for all assigned applications
• Understand Business Functionality needs as it applies to specific applications and the support of those systems
• Help manage third party vendor relationships for SaaS or on-prem applications
• Participate in Projects as the assigned SME to help drive requirements, testing, and third party vendor work
• Other projects and duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three years' experience supporting D365 CRM. Experience troubleshooting and researching to independently resolve issues and identify root causes. Proven track record in managing an application from a technical perspective maintaining systems SLA's, handling escalations, and working with tier 3 support both internal and external to the company. Demonstrated ability in managing priorities and communicating statuses while developing key business and vendor relationships. Excellent organizational, time management skills, and well-developed written and verbal skills.
Familiarity with the health care industry and knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL querying. Knowledge of scheduling tools, preferably Automic/UC4. Technical Knowledge of windows operating systems, UNIX, Oracle, scripting, and BizTalk. Ability to read and understand code as it applies to troubleshooting and support.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 7/5/2023