Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
Work Location: Office for your Day or Work from Home
As the Strategic Partnerships Director, you will be responsible to provide leadership and vision to ensure overall identification and execution of strategic business partnerships that align with UCare's mission, vision and strategic goals. Manage a portfolio of established strategic partnerships; including Lifespark, Aspirus, and unique State Public Program value-based care system models that distinguish UCare from others and create value for members and purchaser partners. Provide strategic oversight in the development of proposals and other documents describing products and services in response to requests for proposals.
• Develop, implement, and manage new and existing strategic partnerships and ventures; including those with Lifespark, Aspirus and with the care systems to build a unique Medicaid provider model and structure serving State Public Programs.
• Lead a systemic, coordinated approach in identifying, responding to, and evaluating new business opportunities that support growth, create value for consumers and purchaser partners, and diversify revenue sources.
• Facilitate the negotiation of strategic partnerships in collaboration with the Vice President, Business Development and other leaders, which advances growth and is aligned with the organization's mission and culture.
• Provide strategic analysis and oversight to growth initiatives for current products, including providing market and performance analyses that incorporates external and internal data analyses.
• Coach, mentor and develop the staff. This includes hiring, training, career development, performance metrics, monitoring duties for accuracy, performance reviews and feedback, and providing backup, as necessary.
• Lead the development of objective measures of success for strategic initiatives, including establishing "life cycle" criteria, standards and processes for ongoing evaluation and improvement of initiatives.
• Provide leadership in enhancing the organization's development and deployment of innovations that advance growth and distinguish market position, including establishing a structure, budget and processes to coordinate cross-functional efforts.
• Ensure the organization effectively defines and articulates the company's business development and strategies to internal and external stakeholders.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, health administration, public administration, or related fields. Master's degree preferred.
Seven years of experience in health care or a related industry with responsibility for business development, health policy, strategic planning, product performance or related functions. Proven success building strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external partners. Proven ability to lead multiple complex initiatives across the organization. At least three years of leadership experience.
Prior experience in Medicare and Medicaid managed care, working with or for health care delivery systems, and innovative product or service development is preferred.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 06/28/2023