Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
VICE PRESIDENT, MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER SERVICES (MH & SUDS)
Work Location: Office for your Day
As the Vice President, Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Services, you will be responsible for the strategic direction and oversight of operations of the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services (MH & SUDS) department. This includes strategic planning, clinical and operational quality and efficiency, budgeting and fiscal management, supervision of the department's management team and evaluation and improvement of all the department's care management programs and initiatives. You will ensure that MH & SUDS identifies and meets member needs and adheres to contractual and regulatory requirements of Federal, State and local agencies. You will provide oversight for the development and management of community and provider parentships to deliver on MH & SUDS' strategies and goals. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, you will collaborate across several departments including those within Health Services, to assure equitable, timely and quality mental health care. Provide thought leadership in developing innovative clinical care models and partnerships, secure adequate resources and lead quality improvements in Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Services. In collaboration with the Behavioral Health Medical Director, provide clinical consultation and leadership to the Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Services, Clinical Services and Quality teams.
• Direct development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of MH & SUDS including utilization management, care management, intake services, member services, network management, provider, government and community relations, and delegation oversight of any related functions.
• Provide strategic planning, goal setting, goal monitoring, and measurement for the department.
• Provide oversight and day-to-day administration over MH & SUDS including supervision, mentoring, and mutual goal setting and management for direct reports. Provide leadership for all UCare departments responsible for delivering on MH & SUDS strategic goals. Establish and maintain a culture of accountability.
• Establish and maintain data dashboards for quality performance metrics, utilization, health care costs, and administrative costs that assist in evaluation and management of behavioral programming efficacy and efficiency compared to local and national benchmarks. Develop systems to improve quality and outcomes of behavioral care to members at the lowest possible cost.
• Ensure that MH & SUDS meets or exceeds all regulatory/contractual (DHS, MDH, DOC, CMS, etc.) and accreditation (NCQA, URAC, etc.) agencies. This includes meeting all performance standards and gaining associated financial incentives (if applicable). Ensure improvement in behavioral metrics that impact Stars/HEDIS measures.
• Collaborate with Provider Relations and Contracting to develop provider partnerships to improve access and outcomes to MH/SUD for our members and meet UCare's strategic goals. This includes proactive management of the provider network with established metrics and appropriate financial incentives for differential performance. Ensure the provider network has capacity to meet member needs, especially in rural areas of the State.
• Develop and manage a department budget. Provide fiscal management of health care costs that promotes the fiscal solvency of UCare.
• Ensure the recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training of highly credentialed, competent, and experienced staff in MH & SUDS for the attainment of strategic goals.
• Provide oversight for developing and maintaining policy and procedure, performance standards, and staff development/training.
• Contribute leadership with peers and senior leadership for the benefit of UCare's company strategic plan and well-being. Serve as chair and/or participate in work groups as assigned or volunteer for.
• Represent UCare and provide leadership in external meetings/collaborations with providers, community agencies, counties, advocates, and regulators (DHS, etc.).
• Provide leadership for behavioral health public policy in collaboration with UCare Government Relations staff at both State and Federal levels.
• Oversight of efforts to improve employee engagement as indicated through UCare Staff Engagement Survey results.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Master's Degree or Ph. D. in psychology, social work, psychiatric nursing, or related mental health human service field. A current and unrestricted license to practice.
Eight years management experience in a managed care setting. Five years of managed behavioral care experience including setting up care management programs and services, developing provider and community partnerships and collaboration with community-based organizations to address social drivers of health. Ten years of behavioral clinical experience, which may be inclusive of managed care experience. At least three years of experience working with marginalized communities. Demonstrated knowledge of factors contributing to disparities and applying knowledge to policies and programs to address these factors. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships with Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Service providers, including those who represent marginalized communities, in order to achieve outcomes of programs and policies.
Five years in direct clinical service. Five or more years working with Medicaid/Medicare populations.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 07/26/2023