Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
COMMUNICATIONS LEAD - ACQUISITION
Work Location: Work from home or Office for Your Day
As the Communications Lead for Acquisition, you are responsible for developing and executing acquisition-based marketing communications for UCare and partner Medicare and Individual and Family plans (IFP). Working with the Content Strategist for Acquisition, you will ensure all deliverables are tied to key consumer journey priorities and prospect acquisition campaigns across all channels - including digital. Through collaboration with business partners such as, Sales, Product, and Health Promotions teams and others, you will deliver touch points that articulate products, services and benefits to attract prospective members to UCare products - from consideration to plan selection. As content moves through our materials review process, this role will communicate and collaborate with internal team members like Designers and Project Managers to meet identified review and delivery timelines.
• Write and edit sales enablement materials such as sales kits, internal and broker sales templated communications, direct response marketing and advertising, and any other materials assigned that support the consumer journey.
• Write, edit and optimize (SEO) content for web/ucare.org and digital campaign assets including display, paid social and email.
• Partner with the Content Strategist Supervisor - Acquisition for alignment on messaging strategies for consumer journey touch points and go-to-market campaign efforts.
• Collaborate with marketing leaders, marketing team members, and key stakeholders to understand and help support measurable communication for tactics that track consumer experience and enrollment goals.
• Provide input and collaborate with graphic designer(s) on overall layouts to help ensure business owner(s) and target audience goals are being met - with final decision made by design.
• Partner with Government Relations staff to ensure compliance with CMS and other statutory requirements, including review timing.
• Assist in guiding editorial development of assigned plan marketing and communications materials in partnership with the Content Strategist and counterparts on the Member Experience marketing team.
• Serve as a brand steward, ensuring consistent messaging, design and UCare style, voice and tone throughout communications.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's or advanced degree in communications-related field required.
Five years of corporate non-profit communications or marketing writing experience required. Strong familiarity with Associated Press style. Three years of direct response marketing and project management experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Health care communications experience preferred. Experience working in a government-regulated industry a plus. Experience working within a writing team. Proficient user of project management tools such as WorkFront, MS Project or similar.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 7/27/2023