Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER SERVICES COMMUNITY LIAISON
Work Location: Work from Home or Office for Your Day
As the Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Services (MH & SUDS) liaison - Community, you will be responsible for the relationship development and management with providers, MH & SUDS community partner organizations, external workgroups, counties, and regulators including Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). Interpret and communicate regulatory and community information to the internal MH & SUDS department and internal UCare stakeholders. Participate in cross departmental meetings and workgroups to support effective communication and strong collaboration within UCare.
• Collaborate and coordinate with the external facing areas within UCare including Provider Relations, Government Relations, Clinical Services, Provider Assistance Center, Public Affairs, and Product, Claims, COC.
• Serve as a health plan liaison by developing and maintaining relationships with community providers and external stakeholder groups and assist with any coordination needs including education and triage.
• Coordinate MH & SUDS related training as needed for internal staff. Assist the department in the development and provision of training.
• Evaluate and inform leadership of changes in federal and state rules or policies that impact provider contracting, MH & SUDS, and claims payment.
• Serve as the MH & SUD's point person for the internal policy team to support the dissemination of legislative information and obtaining timely feedback from MH & SUDS leadership, as needed.
• Foster and maintain relationships with regulators including DHS and MDH to assist in advancing MH & SUDS initiatives. Maintain and develop relationships with providers and represent UCare at mental health and substance use related community events and conferences.
• Actively engage with provider, county, state, and stakeholder workgroups as assigned. Assist in answering internal, external, and regulatory inquiries related to MH & SUDS. Assist in facilitating connection of external partners to any other key areas within UCare, such as claims customer service, provider relations, credentialling, etc.
• Provide updates on behalf of the department to Government Relations department on regulator meetings/workgroups, areas of concerns, and benefits.
• Serve as the Primary point of contact for UCare's MH & SUDS provider and member facing web pages to coordinate updates and engagement with the Marketing team.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of new and existing products relative to behavioral health benefits and introduce new products to community partners and external customers.
• Interpret and coordinate materials received from external and internal meetings and inform impacted areas of requirements and areas of interest.
• Monitor, analyze and interpret regulatory and informational guidance received from the state. Monitor and analyze community needs and make recommendations to internal stakeholders based on analysis and regulatory guidance.
• Participate in opportunities to build and communicate the MH & SUDS, such as participation in RFPS's, presentations about UCare MH & SUDS services at conferences or seminars, as assigned.
• Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout the state of Minnesota for day and overnight events.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field. Master's degree preferred. Independent Clinical Licsense preferred.
At least five years of experience in Behavioral Health services management. At least three years' experience with relationship management with providers and community health organizations.
Medicaid and/or Medicare experience in a managed care organization.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 8/8/2023