Description: The pay range is $87,900.00 - $158,200.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Sr Trend Forecaster
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable style. We concept, develop, make and deliver modern new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join our dynamic and inventive team to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests.
A role with the Apparel and Accessories Trend team means a big opportunity to be on the cutting edge of design. Are you an aesthetic expert who stays one step ahead of industry trends? Are you passionate about home products? Can you recognize market patterns and consumer shifts to conceptualize and capitalize on those moments? Are you talented at communicating through aesthetically pleasing and compelling graphic visuals that can inspire and tell a story? Then you'll have success on our Home Trend team which owns the high-level concept direction and product priorities for Target-owned brands.
As a Senior Trend Forecaster for Apparel and Accessories Trend, you'll conduct trend research and develop seasonal creative concepts that achieve the enterprise strategy and owned-brand objectives. You'll be expected to maintain a diligent approach to workload including timely communication and meeting deadlines. The team works remotely and we're looking for a self-starter and independent worker. Responsibilities include deep research, image gathering, ideation, conceptualization, color forecasting, iteration, process and calendar planning, budget management, travel, team communication, and creating elevated presentations that are delivered to a broad range of Design, Merchants, Visual and Marketing teams. You will own and manage your category of business within Apparel and Accessories.
Core responsibilities of this job are outlined above but job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• Degree in apparel design, graphic design or related field is preferred
• Minimum 5-10 years' experience
• Broad aesthetic sensibility across Apparel and Accessories product categories
• Strong sense of design language: color, print & pattern, materials, details and silhouettes
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop) + Power Point
• Ability to sketch fashion illustrations is a plus
• Highly collaborative with ability to partner with others
• Motivated self-starter and highly independent worker
• High attention to detail, accuracy & a high level of accountability
• High attention to diversity, equity and inclusion when researching and forecasting
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Highly resourceful and well-organized, able to prioritize for maximum efficiency
• Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills in a remote/Zoom working environment
• Highly experienced at image curation, creating compelling visual presentations through strong graphic design and formatting skills
• Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
• Curious and open-minded, positive, comfortable with critique (giving & receiving)
• Bias for innovation and highly adaptive
• Early adopter and quick tech learner
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills
This position will operate as a Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role will need to be performed both onsite at the Target HQ MN location the role is assigned to and virtually, depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. Click here if you are curious to learn more about Minnesota.
Role is Hybrid only -
Team Members in the Target General Merch Inc (TGMI) operating company are strictly prohibited from working more than 30 days per year in the following 16 states: AL, AR, DE, FL, IN , IA, LA, MD, MS, MO, NC, OK, PA, SC, TN and VA. If hired, you are prohibited from working remotely from one of the states listed above for more than 30 days per year.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.