Ecumen Detroit LakesOverview
Full Time Facilities Director
Ecumen Detroit Lakes is hiring a Environmental Director. Ecumen Detroit Lakes consists of 101 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 92 nursing home beds and 22 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.Responsibilities
The Facilities Director manages all maintenance, housekeeping, laundry and security personnel while maintaining a clean, safe and comfortable environment for residents, guests and team members. This position also provides input into capital planning, prepares a department operating budget, procures equipment and supplies, and manages contracts for services required to operate the buildings and grounds.Essential Job Responsibilities:Hires, trains and supervises maintenance, housekeeping and laundry staff to meet regulations and established departmental standards. May also supervise security staff if applicable.Determines daily/weekly/monthly physical plant operational needs, including staff scheduling, assigning work tasks, supply/equipment procurement, and tracking all work performed in the TELS preventive maintenance software system.Participates in site/campus-level capital planning, estimating costs and asset life-cycle projections, determining replacement schedules for building assets. Develops and manages department operating budget.Develops and maintains external vendor relationships for all maintenance, custodial, grounds, housekeeping services and for monitoring all nonmedical contractors hired to perform services on the premises. Performs on-site project management when working with contractors to ensure a seamless project delivery schedule.Assesses building security needs, adjusting if appropriate. Adheres to all local, state and federal compliance requirements, maintaining accurate records.QualificationsFacilities Director/Environmental DirectorMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous maintenance experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
- Boiler operator's license in states where one is required, at the minimum horsepower class as designated by the governing state for the boilers on site.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations).
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Technical college
- Previous supervisory experience
- Professional designation such as a Certified Health Care Facilities Manager (CHFM)
- Ability to establish and/or retain a functioning department and to recognize the skillsets of the line staff.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.