Ecumen Home Care - LitchfieldOverview
Ecumen Home Care & Hospice-Litchfield is hiring a Homemaker. Ecumen Home Care & Hospice-Litchfield provides in-home and community-based services in the Minnesota Litchfield area.
- Full-Time; 80 hours/pay period
- No weekends
- Paid holidays off
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Homemaker is responsible for providing personal care and designated health related services designed to maintain the client's physical and emotional well-being. Provides one on one social interaction as well as supervision for the client to ensure the client can safely remain in the home. Specific responsibilities include:
QualificationsHomemakerMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Provide assistance with light housekeeping and laundry duties and other tasks per schedule or request.
- Observes client and reports changes in physical and emotional condition.
- Prepares and plans meals as directed and follows special meal plans if instructed.
- Provide companionship to the client such as conversation, watching television or playing cards.
- Provides medication reminders.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of client, client's records and client's living environment.
- Respond appropriately to safety hazards, fire and other emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to effectively communicate messages both verbally and in a written format
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience in Healthcare
- Previous experience working with seniors
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.