Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Work Location: Work from Home
As a Case Manager, you will be responsible for providing case management services to individuals with various medical conditions who have recently experienced transitions of care or have specialized care needs and would benefit from case management. You will coordinate care of patients with medical and social needs while maintaining documentation standards. You will collaborate with healthcare providers, community resources, and internal teams to ensure the delivery of cost effective, high-quality care and patient focused care.
• Maintain caseload standards and meet other performance requirements.
• Conduct thorough telephonic assessments of patients' medical, psychosocial, social determinants of health, and functional needs, considering their complex conditions.
• Develop and implement individualized care plans, ensuring they are patient-centered, evidence based, and cost effective. Incorporate culturally appropriate approaches to care planning.
• Participate in interdisciplinary meetings, team projects, and quality improvement initiatives to promote effective case management and improvement.
• Provide training to new staff and assist with guidance and support to less experienced staff.
• Monitor patients' progress, provide education, evaluate outcomes, and adjust care plans as necessary ensuring to empower patients and families to actively participate in management of their healthcare.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational policies and industry standards.
• Attend internal and external meetings; may serve as team representative on cross departmental meetings as assigned.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse (BSN preferred) with an active and unrestricted Minnesota license.
Minimum of two years' experience in Medical/Surgical/ICU experience across the continuum of health care (hospital, clinic, nursing home, home care etc.) with primary emphasis working with chronic medical conditions.
Experience providing case management or care coordination. Care Management certified. Public health experience.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 8/22/2023