Ecumen Pathstone LivingOverview
Ecumen Pathstone is hiring a Day Services Assistant. Ecumen Pathstone is a campus community offering comprehensive care services. Ecumen Pathstone consists of assisted living, long-term care, rehabilitation care, memory care, adult day services, and independent living. Ecumen also offers homecare, hospice, as well as a supply store- all within the Mankato, MN area. Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Day Services Assistant will assist the program supervisor in providing a positive, stable environment with stimulating activities for Adult Day Services clients. Assist ADS clients as needed to make them feel comfortable in their environment. Supervises activities of daily living, including transferring, ambulation and transportation as needed. Assists the client with personal cares as needed.
- Full-Time, 65 scheduled hours every 2 weeks
- Monday through Friday 9am - 4pm
- No weekends or holidays!
Pay: Ranges from $15.48 - $19.34 depending on experience.
Ecumen offers an outstanding benefits package
- Low Cost Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement with a Generous 6% Matching Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Essential job responsibilities include: Assists the Day Services Supervisor/Lead with implementing the daily programming, set-up and implementation of scheduled activities. Assist with special outings. Assists clients with personal care including but not limited to toileting, showers, meals, etc. Assists with transfers of all clients requiring assistance. Participates in a team approach to providing individualized quality care.Supervises clients and volunteers in the absence of the Day Services Supervisor/Lead. Ensuring the safety of all clients and staff in the Day Center by tracking and monitoring the location of each and every client throughout the day.Documents progress of clients according to State, Federal and Day Living laws, procedures and policiesProvides opportunities for clients to participate as their abilities allow, i.e.: assist with pushing other client wheelchairs to and from special events and assistance with meal preparation in the day center.Reports to Day Center Supervisor/Lead any significant observations or changes in client needs or abilities. Alerts supervisor of all emergencies.Assists Day Services Supervisor/Lead with cleaning of Day Center to ensure clients are in a well-maintained, clean environment.QualificationsDay Services AssistantMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Robust Training and Mentoring
- And much more!
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Alzheimer's/Dementia training
- Experience working with Seniors
- Certification as Nursing Assistant or Personal Care Attendant preferred.
- CPR and/or First Aid certification
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.