Abiitan Mill CityOverview
Abiitan, an Ecumen community located in the heart of the Mill City District of Downtown Minneapolis, is hiring a Maintenance Technician. Abiitan provides three levels of care, which helps us fulfill our goal of being an "Age in Place" community. Independent Living - 77 residences; Assisted Living - 28 residences; Memory Care - 20 residences
- Casual Status - you pick your hours!
- Position will work day hours
- Position can work on weekdays or weekends
- Average pay: $22.33/hour - dependent on experience
- Free underground parking for all team members
Abiitan is the most innovative concept in the upper Midwest. Abiitan offers its residents the pinnacle of service and location. Abiitan is one block from the Mississippi River and Stone Arch Bridge, two blocks from the Guthrie Theater, and just steps away from all the cultures, arts, and events that downtown living has to offer.
Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives. We are looking for team members who can embrace creativity and deliver excellent customer service to make Abiitan the best place to work in Downtown Minneapolis.Ecumen Overview
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Maintenance Technician position is responsible for basic maintenance tasks in addition to janitorial duties. Job may also include lawn mowing and snow removal and minor vehicle maintenance. Essential job responsibilities include:Diagnoses, repairs, and services building mechanical needs including minor plumbing (faucets, etc.), electrical (replace lamps, etc.), and mechanical (furnace, air conditioning, etc.).Responsible for janitorial duties such as carpet extraction, specialty cleaning tasks, and hard floor care. These are skills greater than routine housekeeping tasks.Performs minor carpentry and drywall/painting tasks.Operates building equipment including air handling equipment (including filter/belt replacement) and emergency power generators (including minor engine maintenance).Responsible for reporting and recording equipment data in preventive maintenance software.Basic grounds maintenance including cutting grass and snow removal.Minor vehicle maintenance including oil change.QualificationsMaintenance TechnicianMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some previous janitorial/maintenance experience
- Licensure/Certification: May be required to obtain a boiler operator license as mandated by state/city
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Globally Harmonized System (GHS), Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Some post-secondary education in related field
- Previous experience working with seniors as well as 1-2 years janitorial/maintenance experience
- Licensure/Certification: May be required to hold a boiler operator's license as mandated by state/city.
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.