The Theodore at Wirth on the WoodsOverview
The Theodore at Wirth on the Woods is hiring a Housing Manager LIHTC. The Theodore is a 100-unit low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) community opening in the Fall of 2023 and located in the City of Minneapolis and in the Bryn Mahr Neighborhood. It is part of a larger housing complex and is joined by the Eloise to enhance synergy, efficiency and resident experience. Residents will be 55+ and be subject to various levels of income qualification to qualify. This project will be owned by Lupe Development and Ecumen will serve as the management agent.
- Full-Time -
- Paid holidays off
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Housing Manager LIHTC is responsible for the oversight and overall management of one or more standalone LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credit) buildings. The Housing Manager LIHTC supports the residents and assures their needs are being met. In addition, the Manager ensures that legal, regulatory and compliance areas are followed. This position assists in developing programs to meet the needs of the resident community which includes public relations, marketing and oversight of the building and its programs. Ensures all invoices, reports and re-certifications are processed in a proper and timely manner in accordance with agency policies and LIHTC related regulations.Additional Information:
Essential Job Responsibilities: Manages the resident admissions process and assists them during the transition period. Completes appropriate verification and lease agreements for all appropriate move-in, interim and annual re-certifications. Assures the facility follows all LIHTC, federal, state and local standards and regulations. Maintains ongoing education to keep abreast of regulatory changes, including maintaining privacy and confidentiality of resident, residents' records and residents' living environment at all times. Follows HIPAA regulations for resident protected health information.Participates in surveys and inspections by investors and regulators. Maintains and updates office files in a manner consistent with Ecumen standards and other regulatory requirements.Maintain the physical plant in accordance with local, state and federal building codes. Identifies issues, writes and reviews service bids.Supervises maintenance technician and provides operational support to the Service Coordinator. Selects and manages external vendors for scheduling, work completion, standards and payment.Maintains positive relationships with residents, their families, staff and the community. Maintain open lines of communication with residents and staff to monitor levels of satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction, and respond appropriately if changes are needed in policies or procedures. Handles complaints and rule violations and termination of leases for policy violations.Conducts administrative duties and collects monthly rents and all additional revenue, makes timely bank deposits, and ensures all bills are paid on a weekly/bi-weekly basis per procedures.Other duties as assigned.QualificationsHousing Manager LIHTCMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Benefit Eligible - Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan with 6% Company Match
- PTO + Caregiver & Crisis Leave
- Paid Holidays Off
- Team member referral program
- Employee Assistant Program
- Pay Active
- Collaborative Team Environment
- Growth opportunities
- & so much more!
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years' experience in a leadership role in multi-family housing, hospitality or similar industry.
- Must be able to take and pass the Fair Housing laws and regulations class within 12 months of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Proficient with office software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Workspace.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, LIHTC Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in LIHTC communities
- College degree in related field
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) designation preferred (for LIHTC)
- LIHTC Compliance Specialist or other related certification/training
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation preferred (for Section 8)
- Management experience
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.