St Mark's LivingOverview
St. Mark's Living is hiring a Maintenance Assistant. St. Mark's Living consists of 73 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 57 nursing home beds, 26 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Austin, Minnesota. St Mark's is an Ecumen managed community.
- Full-Time; 64 hours/pay period
- Position works various weekdays, every other weekend & rotating holidays
- Pay Range: $16.20/hour - $16.50/hour depending on experience
Ecumen is an industry leader dedicated to advocating for older adults by providing housing choices, compassionate healthcare, and innovative services. For 160 years Ecumen has cared for those in need. Now, as Minnesota's 8th largest senior living provider, we continue to advocate for those we serve.
Join a team where you can make a difference in advancing our mission to serve our older adults, while we commit to creating a place where everyone belongs.ResponsibilitiesThe Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of maintenance duties in the building and grounds. Provides preventative maintenance, maintenance tasks from work orders as well as what is observed or reported. This position maintains a safe environment for residents, family, staff and visitors. Essential job responsibilities include:Performs regular preventative maintenance and repairs as required throughout property.Assists Environmental Leadership Team to ensure facility is in compliance with all appropriate regulations including local, state and federal laws.Responds appropriately to fire/disasters; understands procedures for shutting off equipment and securing building as necessary to reduce hazards.Assists residents and staff with moving of furniture and other heavy items throughout the facility.Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.Maintains a clean sanitary work area, complies with state and federal rules and regulations, and follows established policies, procedures and practices of the facility.QualificationsMaintenance AssistantMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Previous maintenance work experience or equivalent training
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Any technical skills training
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We participate in E-Verify.