Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
Work Location: Work from home or Office for Your Day
As a Housing Specialist, you will be responsible for collaborating with internal partners, community stakeholders and regulators about housing needs of our members. Interpret legislation, policy and regulatory requirements and inform internal stakeholders of how policy will affect the organization, members and benefits provided. Influence and advocate at regulatory agency meetings to further the startegic objectives and priorities of UCare. Participate in meetings and workgroups with regulators to support our member needs and determine how development of policy, benefits, and implementation will impact the organization.
• Monitor, analyze and interpret regulatory and informational guidance received from the state. Monitor and analyize community needs and make recommendations to internal stakeholders based on analysis and regulatory guidance.
• Interpret and coordinate materials received from external and internal meetings and inform impacted areas of requirements and areas of interest. Coordinate and represent department response.
• Serve as the housing specialist on internal and external workgroups and provide updates to MSS leadership.
• Foster relationships with DHS, MDH, CMS, etc., to assist in advancing housing initiatives. Maintain and develop relationships with providers and represent UCare at related community events.
• Influence regulators, county and community meeting agendas as it relates to housing policy creation and benefits to remove housing inequity for our members.
• Assist teams with finding housing solutions for members experiencing housing insecurity.
• Provide updates and subject matter expertise on housing policy and areas of interest /concern to impacted department (i.e. Government Relations and Public Affairs).
• Prepare and provide training and education to departments within UCare about housing solutions or policies.
• Attend community events with Community Liaisons and Government Relations team members.
• Assist in answering internal, external, and regulatory inquiries related to housing.
• Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout the state of Minnesota for day and overnight events.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in public health, social work, or related field; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Two years' experience in community organization, advocacy, or housing. Two years' experience with relationship management with providers and community health organizations.
Experience in a managed care organization strongly preferred.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 8/29/2023