Description: The pay range is $83,800.00 - $150,800.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel, and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target UX is a group of design, research, and accessibility practitioners and experts, with a passion for improving and innovating our digital experiences for Target's guests, team members, and partners. Here, we pride ourselves on designing tangible, inspiring, accessible, and impactful solutions that serve all aspects of our business- and being a part of the team means you will play a critical role for Target's digital experience by increasing ease, simplicity, value, and delight for every touchpoint. About the job:
As a Senior UX Design Program Manager, you'll bring our purpose to life as you support our 150+ person UX organization. Our UX Design Operations practice focuses on the orchestration and optimization of the people, processes, and craft necessary to scale UX across the Target enterprise. As a member of our emerging UX Design Ops team, you will lean on your design project management expertise to support and develop best practices for our UX team on how we work together, how we get work done, and how our work creates impact.
In this role, you will create highly efficient processes and measures that generate high-quality outcomes to support scalable solutions so that the team can focus on executing, while leaders can focus on leading. In collaboration with the Director of Design Ops and the UX leadership team, you will focus on establishing models that support the UX team these key areas:
- Business Operations such as management reporting, standardization, and prioritization
- Design Program Management such as defining collaboration, processes, structure and effective communication
- Team Operations such as measuring success factors, and cultivating our team culture.
You'll leverage user-centered and design-thinking processes to solve problems.
You'll oversee your own destiny in an environment that has strong support for work-life balance. We'll support you along the way with robust onboarding, as well as personal and career development. The exciting part of retail is that it's always changing!What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of UX leaders, product designers, content designers, engineers, product managers, accessibility consultants, data analysts and UX researchers
- Establishing a clear scheme of design delivery, helping to decide who needs to see the work, and when
- Contributing to the standardization, interpretation, and guardianship of Target's design operations
- Defining objectives and desired results with product, engineering and business partners
- Effectively using data and insights to identify critical gaps and weaknesses of existing processes
- Helping to create a framework that would optimize day-to-day workflow-maximizing engagement and reducing duplicated efforts
- Writing and maintaining documentation on the processes and models needed to operationalize UX and amplify the value of design across the organization
- Tracking the impact of our work to help the team evaluate opportunities for continued improvements
- Working with other teams across Target (store operations, supply chain, marketing, etc) to ensure a cohesive operations strategy across the different silos and roles
- Experience in digital products, working with in-house or agency product design teams
- A portfolio with case studies featuring design project management and / or design operations work
- Working knowledge with modern product development methodologies like Agile and Scrum
- Demonstrated knowledge of UX design processes and best practices
- Able to work well in a large organization with many partners, building deep relationships and influencing peers and leaders
- Track record in using a strategic approach to solve complicated problems and strong collaboration skills in order to pull partners into your work process
- Strong communication skills in order to be able to articulate and support design decisions with grace, logic and data
- Ability to work hybrid in Minneapolis OR work remotely on Central Standard or Eastern Standard time
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.