Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 600,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace for 14 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - GOVERNMENT RELATIONS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Work Location: Office for Your Day
As the Executive Assistant - Government Relations and Public Affairs, you will be responsible for providing administrative and project support for the Government Relations and Public Relations Department. You will provide back-up support to the Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer.
• Calendar: Manage calendars for VP/Directors/Managers plus any staff as directed. This includes coordinating meetings with internal only or external internal attendees. Reserve conference rooms, arrange catering and/or beverages as needed. Resolve calendar conflicts proactively and alert receptionist to incoming guests. Work with mail services staff to prepare room setup for meetings.
• Daily duties: Screen telephone calls as directed. Prepare letters, memos, documents, presentations, reports and spreadsheets as needed by departments. Perform research and analysis for projects. Perform copying and scanning as requested, working with mail services staff for larger projects. Work with mail services department to ensure employees have mailboxes and that mail services is updated on employee changes or moves.
• Meetings: Prepare materials and agendas for meetings (department, internal, and external). Attend meetings and record/transcribe minutes. Maintain appropriate filing system for minutes and ensure staff have access to them. Ensure department monthly meeting agendas are maintained and assignments for meetings proactively communicated.
• Schedule virtual or audioconference meetings.
• Department expert on SharePoint Online; ensure have access to department content and maintain department's SharePoint site; create and maintain filing systems using SharePoint and Teams
• Travel: Arrange airfare, hotel and conference registration. Ensure all documentation related to travel is available for both traveler and for expense report purposes.
• Expenses: Prepare and submit expense reports for VP and any staff. Reconcile monthly administrative reports from Accounting with department's budget spreadsheet.
• Supplies: Maintain supply inventory for department; order items as requested.
• Records Coordinator Duties: Act as department Records Coordinator to facilitate offsite storage and/or basement storage. Work with Facilities yearly to update records and keep or destroy offsite records.
• Participate and interact with other Executive and Administrative Assistants when scheduling meetings, working to improve efficiencies, learn new processes, and pass information along to other staff members.
• Other: Training on systems such as Oracle, Concur, SharePoint Online, ADP, ServiceNow, Requisition System, Inventoried materials site, contract signing approval process.
• Assist with onboarding new staff in department.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Provide administrative support for a variety of meetings and events. Duties include, but not limited to, arranging internal and external meetings; ordering and preparing materials; securing meeting venues; assisting with catering; creating and finalizing agendas; preparing packets and documents; creating and finalizing PowerPoint presentations; AV and other logistics; and maintaining SharePoint Online sites and permissions as needed.
• Support calendar management by scheduling meetings. Copy, scan, working with mail services for print jobs and mailings, order and maintain an inventory of general supplies and order additional office supplies, as needed.
• Complete monthly corporate card statements and assist staff with expense report procedure.
• Prepare, process and code invoices, check and/or purchasing request, corporate card statements and expense reports for approval and on-time submission.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of two-year secretarial program or college degree preferred.
Two or more years of administrative/clerical experience required. Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, SharePoint Online, Excel, PowerPoint, and online calendar, scheduling and group email systems required.
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 8/31/2023