Description: The pay range is $141,600.00 - $254,900.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.About us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target UX is a multidisciplinary group of 130+ design, research, and accessibility practitioners and experts, with a passion for improving and innovating our digital experiences for Target's guests, team members, and partners. Here, we pride ourselves on designing tangible, inspiring, accessible, and impactful solutions that serve all aspects of our business- and being a part of the team means you will play a critical role for Target's digital experience by increasing ease, simplicity, value, and delight for every touchpoint. About the job:
As the UX Director of Design Operations
, you'll serve a group of design program managers responsible for the orchestration and optimization of the people, processes, and practice necessary to scale UX across the Target enterprise. As the leader of our emerging UX Design Ops team, you will lean on your leadership and design program management expertise to support and develop best practices for our UX team on how we work together, how we get work done, and how our work creates impact.
In this role, you will:
- Understand Target's priorities: establish the operational foundation, strategy and direction to ensure the UX teams have what they need to thrive and deliver great work aligned with strategic initiatives. This includes management reporting, business reviews, operating processes routines, insights, direction, partner awareness, and a collaborative and inclusive culture.
- Leadership, Team development and Growth: As an experienced leader of people, you will coach, mentor, and guide a team of people leaders and individual contributors, helping them grow and develop new skills, while increasing trust, transparency, and engagement.
- Business Value and Design Impact: You use data to articulate your rationale, are a clear communicator, explain recommendations with authority and openness, and are comfortable advocating for design with partners and leaders at different levels. You maintain both drive and patience throughout the journey.
- Developing Strong Partnerships and Cross Discipline Collaboration: You will build trust and proactively partner with UX, Product, Tech & Business stakeholders to set the stage for the team to achieve exceptional outcomes. You are curious, ask questions, and are driven to connect the dots.
- 12+ years of experience in Design Program Management and Design Operations with inhouse or agency product design teams
- 5+ years of experience in people leadership with demonstrated experience in hiring, leading, and coaching high performing, cross-geography or remote teams
- Experience working in complex, matrixed, global or multi-national organizations
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team from meeting strategic, business, or financial goals
- Strong data-driven visual, verbal, and written story-telling skills with ability to bring partners along
- Track record in using a strategic approach to solve complicated problems and strong collaboration skills in order to bring partners into the process
- Strong communication skills, articulating the impact and supporting decisions with grace, logic and data
- Comfort level working with different levels of leadership in order to define the roadmap and prioritization for key programs and initiatives
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as "Flex for Your Day") work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member's core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.