This position exists to provide direct day-to-day student and faculty support on site satellite location in North Minneapolis, MN. Further, the position has a strong focus on building and maintaining community partnerships. The Director also serves as the liaison with M State’s energy partners, such as Xcel Energy.
The values that guide our work include: access and opportunity, equity, inclusion and belonging, cultural competence, cultural responsive pedagogy & service, and community engagement. Our educational environments are culturally relevant, responsive, and innovative to the students we serve. Our students are assets, we affirm their identities and lived experiences, and provide spaces that are emotionally safe and reflect who students are.
- Live the mission, vision and values of M State to ensure a positive experience for all students and stakeholders. Service to M State students and stakeholders is a core component of the position and work responsibilities.
- Overall program management.
- Primary contact for students, program faculty, and M State Employees with all student affairs related processes.
- Growing community support through engagement of community support organizations.
- Lead, establish, coordinate, partner, and advise on various projects related to the ECA (Energy Careers Academy).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of research and evaluation methods sufficient to measure and determine program effectiveness.
- Experience in marketing and public relations methods sufficient to motivate cooperation among college, business, and community partners.
- Critical thinking skills sufficient to conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and/or evaluate information gathered from a variety of sources actively and skillfully.
- Communication skills sufficient to prepare messages and materials for diverse audiences and clearly explain, discuss, and present complex ideas, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to manage projects from inception through execution and evaluation sufficient to create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, oversee cost, time and scope of projects, manage project constraints, and communicate progress and end results.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in project management, business administration, or related field.
- Experience with computer software applications and systems sufficient to manage, query, and analyze data and create reports and presentations for decision making.
- Knowledge of institution and State policies and procedures and state and federal statute and regulations sufficient to ensure compliance in all facets of the academic program.
- Knowledge of the history, philosophy, and critical issues in higher education sufficient to develop academic and student programs that resolve issues.
Application Procedure: Position is open until filled with application review to begin Monday, September 18, 2023.
To apply, please go to: www.minnesota.edu/jobs/ Under Employment opportunities at M State, click on the link for Faculty, professional, and administrator positions (unclassified).
Application must include:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae (or resume)
- Name and contact information for three professional references
- College transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening)
If you need accommodations to take part in the application process, please contact Human Resources at (218) 736-1512. For more information regarding M State, refer to our website at: www.minnesota.edu. Minnesota State Community and Technical College, a member of the Minnesota State system, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.